Software DVB-S demodulator

• Is there any way that the Pluto coverage could be extended to include the 50, 70 and 144 MHz? And indeed upwards to 6GHz? Its ability to decode DVBS2 makes it a very handy 'one box solution' for RB DATV as MiniTiouner can't tune below 144MHz or above 2.5GHz?

Satsagen software covers 50Mhz to 6GHx and the Langstone project (NB Microwave TRX) does 70MHz-6GHz. I, and others, would be hugely grateful.....

Thanks

Gareth

• That should be possible. The Pluto itself already covers 70, 144 and 6 GHz but to enable this you have to do the hack. See the BATC or Analog Wiki for details. Perhaps SDR Angel can do this already. 50 MHz is another matter. Maybe.

Mike

• Sorry I didn't make my request clear. I've already expanded my Pluto as per the hack but whatever I type into the 'freq' box it returns to 325MHz (the original default IIRC). I should have said 'is there any way to get this DVBS2-GUI software to cover 50,70 and 144MHz?'. SInce read that although TX is entirely feasible in software at 50MHz (even lower apparently) the RX is very poor below 70MHz. But having DVBS2 decode for 70MHz would be great without having to mess with up-converters etc.

• Looking at that sort of code is well beyond my 'pay grade'! SDR Angel only does DVB rx and its just a 'tad quirky' for me so if I'm stuck with DVB I can use an RTL dongle in my Poertdown which has done good service in the past. I could't get my SDRPlay to play with DVBS2GUI either - well it was receiving, but just could not persuade it to extract a lock. Its on a par with the pluto in terms of sensitivity but of course it could do 50MHz rx with ease.

• Version 2.0.17

Download: http://v.1337team.tk/dvb-s_gui_amsat.zip

Changelog:

• Added 16bit sample input path for devices that support it
    • Improved automatic gain control for incoming samples
    • Lowered minimum frequency to 50MHz for users of modified plutosdr firmware (user request)

Sorry for not working a lot on this project right now, but i'll atleast release what has been done for now.

Notes: This release contains some none-working features, these are the Decision directed equalizer,

And the dropdown box for filtering samples in the IQ plot. AGC stuff changed the timing recovery gain settings, you should use lower values now.

@G4XAT: please tell me if the lower frequency limit for the PlutoSDR works for you. I don't have the possibilits to test it at the moment.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel, From what I have read although TX will work down to 50MHz (or lower like 43MHz) the RX does not and stops at 70MHz.

I have downloaded from the link but it comes up as V 2.0.16 when unzipped? And Pluto still stops at 325MHz if this is indeed the new version. Have I downloaded an old copy perhaps?

This is the Release note from boot window:

Code
    DVB-S2 Demod GUI
    Code
    Version 2.0.16
    Code
    Code
    Compiler: GCC 7.3.0
    Code
    Build: Mar 11 2020 20:53:23

With huge thanks for the software which I got working this morning on 70MHz with my RSP1. It nearly maxed out my old I5 dual core 2.5GHz though ;)

With thanks

Gareth G4XAT

• Hello to all,

dont forget...change your configfile to rx the beacon...

[Generic]

ui_style = windowsvista Fusion

ui_iqplot_rgb = 10 70 100

sr_presets = 2000 1500 1000 500 333 250 125 66 33

sr_min = 8

sr_max = 20000

freq_lo0 = 9750

freq_lo1 = 10600

conf_ldpc_threads = 0

@Markro...

Kan das mit nachsten version nicht sofort gemacht werden?...sonst gibt es wieder viele bemerkungen das rx von baken nicht geht...

Grussen

ON7KEC

Luc

• Hallo Markro...

SDRPlay functioniert nicht!!!ja ja ...hihi auch mit carrier recovery enabled usw

Alte version ausprobiert und lauft prima..so muss ein probleem geben mit der neue version...

PLUTO jetzt...lauft auf alle stationen gut...NUR keine syncro auf baken....!!!Altere version 2.0.16 lauf kein probleem...

RTLStick...das gleiche keine syncro auf baken...rest ist ok

grussen

ON7KEC Luc

• @SWL - markro92:

With the changed timing recovery values it's working now.

It would be nice if those values are stored so that you don't need to set them every time you restart the program.

Another useful feature could be a basic "signal quality" indicator ON the main window.

If i look at the extra LDCPWorker window i see on the left something like "OK".

Maybe you can take the sum from the LDCP Worker Syncs over a given amount (eg. 10@333k / 100@1,5M)

and indicate on the main window how many % of those last syncs are ok.

73s

• Another request please Marcel, could you extend the Pluto receive range up to 6GHz? It works great at the other end of the spectrum (70MHz) and now I want to experiment at the other end of its RF capabilties. I can transmit on 5.665 using DVBExpress software but need an rx solution too :)

Thanks

Gareth