Uplink permission on 2,4GHz in different countries

• Hello fellow OMs!

I heard that in some countries the 2,4GHz uplink is forbidden or only with low power allowed.

As fas as i heard in turkey and switzerland is no uplink (without special permit) allowed.

Remco told me that in sweden only 100mW are allowed (what certainly is enough with a bigger dish).

Here in DL the max power allowed is 75W for class A and 5W for class E.

Maybe some OMs have more details about the regulations on 2,4GHz in other countries?

VY73 DB8TF

• Only class A HAMs (HAREC license) (I am class B, so no permission) have permissions to transmit with power less that 50W feeded into antenna while not making any interference (WiFi etc???).

http://lral.lv/files/MKnot_radioamatieri.pdf on pages 17-18. fro class A.

PS: To get class A, class B need to collect 1000 QSOs (recommended format .ADIF) to get to class A licence. I have ~600 of 1000, so soon, really soon be on QO-100.

Class B permission on page 19. :(

• PS: To get class A, class B need to collect 1000 QSOs (recommended format .ADIF) to get to class A licence.

Well, here in PA (Netherlands) a Novice license is not allowed to transmit on 13cm either, but at least you can get a full license by passing an exam, no QSOs required (and it is even not required to get a Novice license first, I never had one and immediately passed the exam for full license).

However, we are only allowed to transmit in the 2400-2450 band when it is to a satellite. It is of couse advisable to make a directed beam as much as possible to avoid interference with WiFi.

I am using a lot of WiFi/Router equipment from Latvia :-)

• Sweden
    2.4GHz Highest power to the antenna system: 100mW PEP

2.3GHz 1kW time limited permit

From tests on QO-100 in JO99

With 0.1W and 75cm dish (10W ERP), it is not feasible to see or hear your own signal in BATC/AMSAT-UK 10 GHz Narrowband WebSDR

With 0.1W and much bigger dish providing ~120W ERP it is possible to make weak lines in the waterfall on the BATC/AMSAT-UK 10 GHz Narrowband WebSDR and also make CW and digital QSO

Maybe with an 13cm RX EME capable station SSB also feasible with such small ERP station

• Sweden
    2.4GHz Highest power to the antenna system: 100mW PEP

2.3GHz 1kW time limited permit

Maybe you can talk to the authorities to discuss moving the band limit up by 500 kHz? Or have some special status for 2400-2400.5 e.g. allowing 2W.

That would at least allow usage of the narrowband transponder.

• Maybe you can talk to the authorities to discuss moving the band limit up by 500 kHz? Or have some special status for 2400-2400.5 e.g. allowing 2W.

That would at least allow usage of the narrowband transponder.

Good idea, time will tell what can be done.

• I also started to make some contacts with the authorities.. or at least with persons that has contact with authorities to get some permit in TA.

We get 50 mhz permit only a few months ago.. so no big hopes..

I am using the "emergency communication, 7/24 propagation" leverage for it..

I hope it works..

• I heard an EA/F1... on QO-100 and there was a discussion that this is not legal.

The CEPT information provided by our club DARC

CEPT 2016 list is not correct and/or up to date.

TA information does not contain an allocation for 13cm!

SM: power out information is probably not correct.

It would be great to have an up-to-date list available.

• Mike, look at a thread on this labyrinth .. eh forum from (I believe) February , there was an inventarisation.

Notice that the amateur service and the amateur satellite service are two seperate services (see ITU-RR art. 1.56 and art. 1.57). So it is administratively not incorrect to treat the two services differently. Iirc most countries allocate(d) 2320 - 2400 to the amateur service (art 1.56) and 2400 - 2450 to the amateur satellite service (art 1.57).

E.g. here in The Netherlands Full licensees may use 2400 - 2450 MHz, but only for the amateur satellite service (i.e. pointing your dish to the sky) and not for amateur service usage ('terrestrial', i.e. pointing your dish to the horizon).

• Remco, yes it's a labyrinth. Would be great, if our club (for example) could make a more detailed list that contains all of the required information for amateur satellite service as well. That was my intention.

The DARC list contains links to PDF documents of the authorities. But those are mostly not in English or German. The document from Spain contains that a special permission is required to operate on 2400-2450 MHz. But you have to read this in Spanish language first.

May be we can do it here in the forum?