Es'hailSat correct spelling guidelines

• Here some guidelines from Es'hailSat on how to correctly spell the company name and satellite names in articles and other publications.

The owner and company name is: Qatar Satellite Company

The brand name is: Es’hailSat

Satellite names are Es’hail-1 and the soon to be launched Es’hail-2

The brand and satellites names are to be written the way it is written above, i.e.

- brand name - capital E, apostrophe after the first ‘s’ and second ‘S’ in capital

- satellite name - capital E, apostrophe after ‘s’ and hyphen before the number

(no other alphabet in caps, no gaps between alphabets and/or punctuation and definitely not in all caps)

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL member since 1983 | JO42VG

• Hi Thomas,

genau aus diesem Grunde hatte uns Es'hailSat damals gebeten diese Erläuterung weiterzugeben.. Da es ein kommerzieller Satellit ist, legt man dort natürlich besonderen Wert auf die richtige Schreibweise...

73s Peter

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL member since 1983 | JO42VG

• Face palm ;-) You are totally correct, shame on me.

I fell into the trap that it's orbiting at the earth rotation speed, so from
    earths perspective it's not rotating.

Thanks for making me feel humble ;-)

• Hallo Peter - DB2OS

Thank you for the information about spelling Es'hailSat and Es'hail-2 correctly.

But how do we pronounce this arabic word? Is "hail" pronounced like the English word "mail" or "snail" - or is it two syllables "ha-il".

Looking forward to meet you all on the satellite.

73 Ole OZ2OE

• Having the privilege to enjoy Qatari hospitality twice already:

'hail' like in 'mail' or 'snail' . The 'e' in Es'hailSat is almost silent. Es'hail or Suhail is the arabic name for the second brightest star in the night sky, Canopus.