SAT Controller SDR Nano

• Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply and time.

This text is basically the same as posted on the very first page of this thread.

I read it several times and still found it unclear to me, sorry.

>

1. Lock to master signal

First, the system must be set to a reference signal (menu item "Lock" ). This is used to calculate the actual LO frequency and as master signal for the software drift correction. Default setting is the engineering beacon of Es'hail-2 (menu item "Master"). With the preset RF frequency you have to adjust the peak in the audio spectrum to 1.5 kHz.

<

The menu itself is hardly found by a beginner. So here we should start:

The "menu" is hidden in the SAT Controller app.

Mouse hoover over the button "Drift correction".

Then right mouse click over button "Drift correction" and keep it pressed.

Than the "menu" pops up.

Q1: The first step is to adjust to a "master signal", right? Which signal on which QRG could that be?

Q2: Which beacon do you mean by "engineering beacon of Es'hail-2" ? 10.489.500 / 10.489.750 or 10.489.900 ?

Q3: After I choose a "master signal" and corrected it to the audio spectrum to 1.5KHz, than I press "Lock", right?

The next steps I will try after we proceeded with the ones above.

Thanks for your feedback and your time. Sorry for my "look from the outside" questions, Frank!

so, 73 from JO50PX de DM5TU - sTef

72 de sTef

… -.-

DM5TU / VY1QRP - DL-QRP-AG *GM* - GQRP #8769 - CalQRP #034 - NAP #1607

• For the the menu you only have to press the "Set" button. Then all menu items will be show. This is new in the last versions so you don't need to click right mouse button)

A1: To adjust master signal press "Lock". Then GQRX automatically tunes to 10.706,000 MHz (-1,5 kHz).

A2: The engineering beacon is on 10.706,000 MHz (default setting, see screenshot in my last posting).
    A3: After adjusting audio signal of the beacon to 1,5 kHz press "OK" (also see the same screenshot).

Simple procedure:

1. Press "Set"

2. Press "Lock"

3. Adjust engineering beacon signal with mouse wheel to 1,5 kHz in audio spectrum

4. Press "OK"

5. Switch on "Drift correction"

Then in the ERR field you see the actual drift. After "Lock" procedure it starts at 0 Hz. Thats all.

NOTE: You need 2 SDR-Sticks. One for GQRX and one for the master signal (drift correction).

• Pi3+B

Ohh, then you use the very old image "satcontrol_02.img.zip" ... :/

The actual image with a lot of improvements is "satcontrol_06.img.zip". It requires a Raspberry Pi 4B.

I recommend to use only the last actual image because the differences are too big. There are also significant changes in the user interface.