Amsat-dl Shop

• may I ask about the status of the transvertrer boards ?

They are marked in the Shop as available and delivery time 1-2 weeks.

I know you all are doing that job in the evening after work and there is not any problem if it takes a bit longer.

But it would be really nice if you give us some information here in the forum, so we know our money is save :-)

Thank you,

Kurt

• Dear All,

Sorry that eMail's have been not answered and communication is slowly, this should not be the the case under "normal" circumstances. We have been giving "delivery times" on the web page for the pre-orders, but obviously this was not always visible for everyone or might have been confusing as well..

It's also not an excuse, but the Bochum team (and we all) are practically "under water"... in particular after the unexpected high amount of orders. Also hampered by the "selling stop" when a last minute analysis and design change change was required before starting shipping..

As you know, as a non-profit organization our people (as well as the AMSAT-DL BOD) are volunteers and not paid for their work. We try to provide a good service, but we can either send eMails or pack the goods and send it out. We try to give away these goods for a very low price with pratically no profit. We could probably hire people to run the shop, but than we would need to drastically increase the prices. That's not our intention.. Our original intention was to give the community this service to buy QO-100 hardware kits, but we are also not running an "AMAZON style" business. We even don't ask membership status, but all the infrastructure is paid by AMSAT-DL membership,..

So please be patient with all involved. I know that eMails are currently answered slowly and some peoples nerves are already on the edge, but that's because there is a huge amount of eMails with questions we can not answer or which can already be found here in the forum. Sometimes people are sick, or are on vacation, have family issues, a regular job, etc.... in that case there will be also additional delays..

I fully understand that a lot of people are eagerly waiting and getting frustrated to wait for their converters to get QRV on QO-100, so am I... I decided that before I will receive mine, I will give mine to the community first!

I really hope for your understanding and I will ask the team if they can provide some information on the current state of shipping in this forum.

BTW: Shipping to non-EU countries like Switzerland need more work and time due to customs, but the deliveries should be on there way as far as I know.

73s Peter

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL member since 1983 | JO42VG

• I Just received the following update from our BOD member Michael DD5ER:

----------------

Hello, everybody,

For your information I was on duty for the last 3 days.

The orders with order date until 14.3.2019 are sent out.

Here there are still a few isolated cases where some "Special treatment" is required.

According to current knowledge, all individual orders with date up to 14.3. 2019 for the shipment area Germany and EU, Switzerland and rest of foreign countries are partly also out.

Michael

AMSAT-DL e.V.

• Dear AMSAT-DL Team

Thanks for your work. I completely understand your position and it was just a friendly reminder.

In the meantime I'm already on the air on QO-100 with an other temp solution :-)

But I'm keen to test your board.

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

• Peter, thanks a lot for your information.

As a suggestion, how about writing a very short notice here in the forum as a status update. This costs only a minute and will make all of us happy :-)

I want to join Amsat, and send you the application form next week.

If you need people to help for whatever, let us know.

• (original author requested to delete his account and all his messages)

Sorry, that the volunteer in-charge was 3 days on a business trip and not able to answer your eMail within 2-3 days. He has currently a back-log of 1-2 weeks and he can either answer emails or prepare the shipping..

But thanks for calling AMSAT the "badest supplier ever"; an non-profit organisation, which delivered the Es'hail-2 AMSAT P4-A QO-100 transponder to YOU for free...

If you are so unhappy with a non-profit organization run by volunteers in their little spare-time, than I suggest you cancel your order and get 100% re-fund.

• Hi Peter!

Is it possible to order a QO-100 Downconverter for receiving on 2m? I can`t order in the shop. On my side I transmit and receive on 70cm, so it would be nice to receive on 2m or 23cm - not the same band I`m transmitting..

73 Guntram.

• Hi Guntram,

basically we are sold-out.. We do have a few as "reserve", which might be offered soon.

Otherwise there will be a new AMSAT-DL P4-A/QO-100 Converter. We hope to have it out before HamRadio 2019..,,

I'm just checking with the team and hope to have more news soon...

73s Peter