adviced HW for DATV tx

• Hello OM,

Please correct me if I am wrong.. but what is the basic setup for DATV tx on QO100..

I think we need adalm-pluto + PA(how many watts needed min for 60cm dish?)

DATV Express as tx software ...(does it work with adalm??)

and for rx minitioune is enough i guess.

Can you confirm?

• ta2nc yes I can confirm this.. Pluto works with the DATV express TX software. If you want to test this without a Webcam you should use VMix Programm which you can link into the TX SW. all is written in the Pluto post here in the forum. For doing DATV you need two amplifiers the first getting the 1mW of the Pluto up and then a second one as the final stage. If you do not have a second amplifier yet, I recommend buying the Ampleon one which has 250 Watts CW which is good for arround 60-80 Watts for DATV. you find all information in the post from Achim 250 Watt PA in the folder WB Hardware. For the first stage I recommend the CN0417 part from analog Devices..

If you need more information..feel free to respond your questions..;)

• Very useful information Heiner . Thank you.

Maybe you know, 2.4 GHz is still not allowed in TA.

We are planning to organize a "quick demo" to show QO-100 abilities to goverment to ask for this permission..

Thats why specially an DATV tx is much more better advertiesement that they can understand hi hi...

Ok. collecting necessary needs for now.. I may "disturb" the group if any more details needed.

Best Regards.

• ta2nc If you only want a local DATV demonstration that is very easy.. send with 2Msamples on a frequency your Sat-Receiver can receive. and then you have a perfect picture.. also for this demo VMix is highly recommended with all the functions on board switching between Testcard colourbars and Camera.. you can also play videofiles e.g. from your club station then..:thumbup:

• ta2nc and if you want to demonstrate NB Transponder activity to your goverment for getting an exeption for 2.4GHz ask Matthias DL5QY you find his data on qrz.com. He can open his remote station for you and you can act for demonstration as DL/TA2NC:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• I really recommend a bigger dish than 60cms. With 60cm you really need much power to get a DATV-signal readable, even for you.

You should try to get a dish with at least 1m, better 1,2m. With that dish-size, you'll be able to transmit with 250- 333 kSym/s and a FEC of 2/3 with approx. 20 watts.

Best,
    Wilm

• Heiner,
    not with a FEC of 2/3, maybe 1/4. And you will struggle to receive your own signal with that size. Even the beacon is almost impossible to receive with that dish-size.

And finally, with a FEC 1/4 your video is limited to thumbnail-size.

125 KSym/s or less will work. For thumbnails

• Looking forward to have a DATV-QSO with you. 35cms and legal limit in Germany. That's a challenge.
    I can decode up to -4dB to the beacon, so you might have a chance.

I'm ready with the same level you can transmit with 1 MSym/s. It's just a question of removing the "insect-savers" from the exhaust-pipes for the fans.