ICOM IC9700 and QO100

• I don't think so Alessio, never did see something about this possibility :/, but I would like that very much also, so maybe (when not available) a nice firmware update for our 'non QO-100 receiving' Japanese Icom engineers ;)!?

73 de Frank PH2M (IC-9700 owner & SGlab TR2300 to receive soon...)

• I have finally joined the 21st Century and have a 9700 awaiting collection in a few days time.

How are IC9700 owners driving upconverters?

My upconverter needs 12mW drive and I don't want to damge it. At the moment I have a FT736R running about 5-10W with a 10W attenuator. But the 9700 output power is an order of magnitude higher.

spikes in the first few milliseconds of TX and power output changing accidentally with an unintentional mode or memory change are worring possibiliies.....

• I have finally joined the 21st Century and have a 9700 awaiting collection in a few days time.

How are IC9700 owners driving upconverters?

My upconverter needs 12mW drive and I don't want to damge it. At the moment I have a FT736R running about 5-10W with a 10W attenuator. But the 9700 output power is an order of magnitude higher.

spikes in the first few milliseconds of TX and power output changing accidentally with an unintentional mode or memory change are worring possibiliies.....

Which is one of the reasons I specifically do not use it. I would suggest a 34dB attenuator as it is easy to make with a 50 Ohm 100W load and a BNC T-piece. Use a 1.2k resistor from the centre. Connect the far end to a 51 Ohm resistor to ground and take the output from across the 51 Ohm resistor. If you need less attenuation, reduce the 1200 Ohm series resistor appropriately, e.g. 510 Ohms will give 27 dB, 330 Ohms 23.5 dB. Lower values give a progressively worse match but not so bad as matters.