Neil Armstrong is speaking again as DA0Apollo and DL50AMSAT from Space

• Official Post

Neil Armstrong is transmitting again as DA0Apollo and DL50AMSAT from space to earth!

The geostationary DATV transponder of the AMSAT P4-A satellite QO-100 transmits the original radio traffic between APOLLO-11 and Houston until June 21st 16:00 MET, as it was received directly from the Bochum Observatory 50 years ago.

At the time of landing, the spacecraft was within the reception range of Europe and the 20-meter antenna in Bochum!

see also https://www.honeysucklecreek.net/other_stations/bochum/

Radio amateurs who receive this transmission via QO-100, please send us acknowledgements or talk to DA0Apollo directly via shortwave or the NB transponder on QO-100.

Thilo Elsner, DL5YM

Head of the Bochum Observatory

• DB2OS

Changed the title of the thread from “Neil Armstrong is speaking again as DA0Apollo and DL50AMSAT from space to earth!” to “Neil Armstrong is speaking again as DA0Apollo and DL50AMSAT from Space”.
  • the eagle has landed in oe6, hihi, very nice, perfekt audio and picture at wb transponder slot2 bw: 2mhz qrg: 10495,5!!!

absolute no drops, 1m offset-dish, octagon lnb modified with gpsdo, receiver octagon sf8008 with newest firmware!!! i just recorded 12 minutes of this transmission!

it would be great to receive a longer broadcast on the moon landing !!!

vy 73 de oe6mue, mike aus graz

• Perhaps time to give it a rest? It has been transmitting for several hours now, with the same loop video, a static picture and audio from the moon landing, over and over again. At least the coding is working better thought the Raspberry PI is indicating it is low on volts.

Mike

Radio amateurs who receive this transmission via QO-100, please send us acknowledgements or talk to DA0Apollo directly via shortwave or the NB transponder on QO-100.

I would realy like to speak to D0APOLLO and give feedback, but until now I just saw an activation on 20m which is to far for ground wave and to close for sky wave for me. Via QO-100 I did not find them yet. But perhaps tomorrow they consider to give a chance to OMs within 500km (e.g. 40, 80 or 160m) and/or a noticable presence on QO-100 NB transponder ;)

I still look forward to work DA0APOLLO ;)

73 de Johannes