First contact with training callsign on QO-100

• Today there was the first contact ever with a training callsign here on QO-100 and i am very glad to do this.

I had the first qso for DL8KFO near Cologne today. He told me his son also joins this qso. I ask Thorsten.. do you also have a training licence?? and he told me yes I have.. so I was able to work his ten years old son Sebastian as the first DN station here on the satelite. I myself have now since yesterday also the possibility doing this as DN5KAN.. I want to invite more german OMs.. take the 70 Euro for the unlimited licences and help the community to get more young people into this great hobby..:)

• In Germany you are allowed to train people on amateur radio when yourself are along and this people are under control. To do this you have to ask for and DNxxx callsign at our agency. this is a very easy process.. the costs are 70 Euro and as long your own licence is valid you also have a callsign for doing trainings. I have now DN5KAN which I can use if trainees are around me.. In all other cases of cause.. you will here me as DD0KP on the bands..:thumbup:8)

• OK, understood. Here (The Netherlands) I am allowed to let an unlicensed person use my station (and therefore callsign) as long as I am present.

So we don't have 'training callsigns' etc, but i know some German laws are (very) different compared to Dutch ones ; -)