Could some give me an update on the status of the QO100 uplink and downlink modules listed in AMSAT shop?

• In Wartestellung - Duoband-Feed für Es'hail-2/P4-A

I am unable to contact the AMSAT DL Shop. I have an order but it says "In Wartestellung - Duoband-Feed für Es'hail-2/P4-A"

Does anyone know when I might receive this or a way of contacting the shop directly ?

Thanks

Dave

Dave Cawley | Ex G8EAO & G6ANG/T |
    (when you had to have a separate TV license !)

• OK thanks Thomas ! I can see that now that I translated the page.

Odd that they did not reply to my email, but at least I know now.

73's Dave

• OK thanks Thomas ! I can see that now that I translated the page.

Odd that they did not reply to my email, but at least I know now.

73's Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the inconvenience, to whom and when did you sent the eMail?

As Thomas wrote, we are waiting for delivery around CW 15 (April)..

73s Peter

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL President | member since 1983 | JO42VG

• Hallo,

ich habe den Doppelfeed bestellt und per Paypal bezahlt als er auf verfügbar stand, auf zweifache Nachfrage nach dem Status bekomme ich keine Antwort, weder positiv noch negativ, einfach nichts ?!:(

• Hallo Tom,

bisher haben wir noch keine Doppefeed geliefert bekommen, daher steht im Shop auch Liefertermin ab KW 15.

Warum Deine Nachfragen nicht beantwortet wurden kann ich hier ohne weitere Daten (Rufzeichen) nicht nachvollziehen.

Ich vermute aber es ist durch die kurzfristige Abwesenheit/Dienstreise von Michael zu einer Terminüberschneidung gekommen. Ich gehe davon aus, dass Du innerhalb der nächsten Tage eine Antwort bekommst.

Bitte bedenke, dass alle Mitarbeiter der AMSAT-DL (auch der Vorstand) alles ehrenamtlich und unbezahlt neben ihrem Hauptberuf machen. Wir können daher leider nicht immer so zeitnah antworten, wie man es vielleicht von Amazon gewohnt ist.

Ich bitte daher um Entschuldigung für die Unannehmlichkeiten und auch um ein wenig Geduld. Ich kann aber versichern, dass nichts verloren geht..

Danke & Gruß

Peter

• Hi guys,

I placed an order back in 13th Feb for an S band uplink and Duo band feed to be used for QO100, but so far nothing showed up in my mail box and the webside offers no way to track my order status. Did anyone ever received these parts? I also placed another order on April 1st for the downconverter module when it was listed as in-stock and also still no update.

I have been QRVing the transponder for quite some time now and I can't wait to get on and do my 1st QSO via QO100.

Thanks and 73,

de A71AW

Hamad

hamadup ( a t ) g mail . c o m.

• My feed arrived on Thursday, a long time after it was due. I know this is a volunteer organisation, but it does cost a lot to join and the feed was a commercial price. Sometimes it is better to put stuff like this out to a commercial entity who are able to deliver on time and be able to provide progress reports.

Having said that, if AMSAT-DL have had significant expenditure on QO-100 then I would be very happy to contribute a lot.

• Hi Dave, the problem is also that we depend on delivery time from the suppliers. As you might remember, we just had to stop shipping in the moment we got the kits. In addition, the manufacturer of the Feeds also was overloaded by his orders and could only partially deliver in separate shipments... Indeed, the volunteer staff was in overload too... We made some re-organizations in the procedures recently and hope to become better and better.. ;-)

Nevertheless, I should mention that we did not receive any funding from any amateur radio organizations so far. We did get some compensation for the equipment installed in Qatar, but otherwise we used our own organization money and indeed our private vacation.. ;-) So any donation to AMSAT-DL is welcome :-)

• Hi Peter,

I could not agree more. You and Achem and all the guys @ Amsat-dl did a tremendous job to bring us through the next generation of amateur satellites. Although there are some delays on delivering these kits, but they still being offered at much lower prices than most of the other commercial vendors.

Thanks % 73s,

A71AW - Hamad

Hi Dave, the problem is also that we depend on delivery time from the suppliers. As you might remember, we just had to stop shipping in the moment we got the kits. In addition, the manufacturer of the Feeds also was overloaded by his orders and could only partially deliver in separate shipments... Indeed, the volunteer staff was in overload too... We made some re-organizations in the procedures recently and hope to become better and better.. ;-)

Nevertheless, I should mention that we did not receive any funding from any amateur radio organizations so far. We did get some compensation for the equipment installed in Qatar, but otherwise we used our own organization money and indeed our private vacation.. ;-) So any donation to AMSAT-DL is welcome :-)

• I think it might be a good idea just to put more realistic delivery times in the shop so that peoples do not expect their orders before it is possible to deliver them. If people know it will be 5 or 6 weeks instead of the 2 quoted this issue would not arise.