QSL & QRG???

• Guten Abend zusammen,

mir drängt sich gerade eine Frage auf.

Welche Frequenz trage ich in der QSL Karte ein. Bis vor ein paar Wochen war ich noch mit meinem DO1CV Rufzeichen unterwegs und habe immer die Empfangsfrequenz eingetragen.

Jetzt las ich das bei LoTW und anderen digitalen Diensten die Sendefrequenz eingetragen werden soll.

Laut DARC QSL Info kann man frei auswählen ob man TX oder RX Frequenz auf der QSL Karte vermerkt.

Wie handhabt ihr das denn so?

Vy 73 de DL5CV / Christian

• Official Post

Meine Überlegung ist folgende: Wenn ich einem OM eine QSL-Karte schicke, möchte er ja wissen, wie seine Aussendung war. Also trage ich die Frequenz ein, auf welcher ich ihn empfangen habe. Bei Relais- oder Transponderbetrieb ist es belanglos, auf welcher Frequenz gesendet wurde. Der OM weiss ja, auf welchem Band er gesendet hat. Ein SWL wird auch die RX-Frequenz eintragen. Regeln von LoTW oder sonst einem "Club" interessieren mich sowieso nicht, ich sammle noch die schönen QSL-Karten aus Papier.

• Bitte die Geschichte hier lesen, bevor die Satelliet lanziert wuerde, haette ich die Frage schon gestellt:

Sehe hier. Also DER (DIE? <-- Deutsch is nicht meine Muttersprache) Frequenz is die Ausgangsfrequenz.

So 'QSL-maBig' soll es die Empfangsfrequenz (10489.xxx) sein (?)

• Hello Remco,

I just can say how LOTW (and other major QSL-systems: e.g. QRZ.com) handle satellite QSOs.

You have to input your TX-QRG in the ADIF-QRG-field. And you have to fill the "Propagation" field with SAT.

The downlink-QRG/Band not required, but can be added (e.g. for LOTW).

What counts is the TX QRG !. And I think when we remeber the origin of our logbook (to document our TX-signals - e.g. for coincidence with TVI in the environment or for contorl by our local authorities...) - which was obligatory when I made my license in the mid 80s - this is the most logical consequence - to document the TX-frequency.

Even today in DL you have to have a log book for all your TXing in 4m and 6m even with antenna direction (and when having a crossband-QSO only your TXing in 4m or 6m has to be logged - not your RX in 10m or 2m or, or or....and RX in 4m and 6m has not to be logged)

73 de Johannes

• DL5RDI That's exactly why I asked October last year: "What is 'the frequency'?". In the SAT world it's the downlink (10489.xxx) in the QSL-world it's the uplink (2400.yyy) .. (?)

About logging: we live 30 years later, the world has changed and DL-regulation is not representative/leading.

My intention is/was merely to upload ADIF-contents which does not interfere with other perspectives. If I appear in ClubLog leagues with 72 DXCC worked on 13cm I feel uncomfortable, because I did not 'work' them on 13cm but through a bent pipe in the sky which outputs my signal on another frequency.

Anyway, perhaps I am splitting hairs ; -)

• PA3FYM

Hello Remco,

with my example where I used german laws to show what is relevant for logging I did not suggest that it is mandatory because it is "German", but just to demonstrate how officials (in many countries) see logging and to show what was the original meaning of logging.

When you upload a correct ADIF to clublog (with the propagation mode "SAT" set - like I do) then clublog does NOT count these QSOs for 13cm DXCC. My count in clublog does not show >60 13cm DXCC (because I worked and uploaded them "the right way" to cloblog)

Thus just the ADIF-upload to clubog, LOTW,....has be correct (in your case it seem that the propagation mode is not/or wrong set) :)

73 de Johannes

• What universally matters is the frequency of the emissions, so I would log that. Amateurs should not cause interference and logging from the official view is mainly to aid investigating interference. Receivers do not interfere with anyone, unless they have spurious emissions. The transmitter that is being received have a license, with requirements for logging or not depending on how it is regulated. From the amateur perspective, logging the receive frequency is useful for cases of interference, or awards. Hopefully, the authorities will not be require a record of what amateurs are listening to.

Mike

• Official Post

Hi Mike..

I think we need to distinct between our "Logbook" for the frequency spectrum regulatory office (BNetzA in Germany) and for QSL purposes.. for the later one, in particular on a transponder, the Downlink frequency makes more sense..

On a satellite it was mostly that we also wrote Mode-B or Mode-A or Mode-J.. than it was clear which uplink is related to which downlink..

• It wasn't my intention to bring up this point again, downlink frequency is fine with me, that's where one is received and that is the frequency to be spotted on e.g. the DX-cluster.

My issue arose from 'Leagues' features in ClubLog, where I appear in a league in which I didn't participate (I think ...) ; -)