Downlink with own antenna or web-SDR?

• Gentlemen, I was joking !!! :D:D

At least for me, our hobby still is about wireless radio..

73s Peter

It is about wireless to me, but I bet it is possible to do and something that Amsat as a governing body could operate for schools and colleges if they wanted to show the technology, and my questions were actually genuine. How would you authenticate licenced operators?

I have not used echo-link, D-Star or any of the other web gateway systems as it has never appealed to me, (I hate DMR with a passion as it was part of my job at a radio dealer's) So I do not know how these system is controlled or policed from abuse over the Internet I have it in my mind a sort of timed token system to a particular IP address, but it's just a guess.

Actually sat here in front of SDR console on the Laptop, I bet it is possible with that software?

What may be a joke could have merit in some quarters to both boost the hobby and industry, just a thought. But I am also happy to be shot down.:)

Adrian

• Official Post

It is about wireless to me, but I bet it is possible to do and something that Amsat as a governing body could operate for schools and colleges if they wanted to show the technology, and my questions were actually genuine. How would you authenticate licenced operators?

Yes, I was somehow joking.. but technically it would be doable...

We don't have authentication in the real hamsphere either, except for announcing our callsigns.. so a perfect simulation ;)

• Already back in 1984 there was a software called "Dr. DX" for the Commodore C64, simulating an entire shortwave contest with varying band conditions, greyline dx, pile-ups and rare stations showing up and disappearing again throug out the game. There was not even the need for any other ham station to have fun ... ;)

Vy 73

Holger 'Geri', DK8KW