DATV - mit Adalm Pluto und Software OBS - Studio Ton Probleme

• Hallo,

ich nutze für den WB - Transponder in DATV einen Adalm Pluto mit Firmware Update sowie Frequenzerweiterung und zweiten Prozessor / F5OEO - Software mit OBS - Studio,

Als PC wird ein Dell Notebook mit Intel Core I5 - 4x2,66 GHz WIN 10 64 Bit genutzt. Der PC hat sonst nichts zu tun, also keine Internet Verbindung oder Virenscanner welcher irgend etwas verzögern könnte.

Trotzdem habe ich beim senden eines DATV - Stream in DVB - S2 eine zeitliche Verzögerung beim Ton von bis zu 10 Sekunden.

Bei meinem Test habe ich mit 333KS/s und FEC 2/3 sowie für die Samplerate angepasste Vidobitrate gesendet.

Hat jemand ähnliche Probleme oder kann mir einen Hinweis diesbezüglich geben.

73 Manfred DK5FA

• Hallo Manfred;

Ich fange an, ein sehr ähnliches System zu verwenden, abgesehen von einem FEC von 3/5 und wahrscheinlich einem langsameren PC, bei dem es sich um einen Core-2 Quad-Prozessor mit 3 GHz handelt

Ich habe Screenshots meiner Einrichtung gemacht, damit Sie diese für 333KS ausprobieren können. Ich hoffe, es hilft.

Ändern Sie Ihre IP in Ihre eigene IP, wenn über den USB-Port wahrscheinlich 192.168.2.1.

Dies basiert auf QPSK bei 333 3 / 5FEC mit einer TS Net-Bitrate von 396 kbit / s.

Ich hoffe, es hilft.

Adrian

Hello Manfred;

I am starting to use a very similar system, in fact apart from having a FEC of 3/5 and probably a slower PC, which is Core-2 Quad processor at 3GHz

I have taken screen shots of my set-up so you can have a go with these for 333KS. I hope it helps.

Change your IP to your own IP, if through the USB port probably 192.168.2.1.

This is based on QPSK at 333 3/5FEC which has a TS Net bitrate of 396.kbps.

I hope it helps.

Adrian

• Ich habe vergessen zu fragen, ob Sie Windows oder Linux für OBS verwenden, da Windows anscheinend nur ein Minimum von 64 Kbit / s für Audio zulässt, wobei Linux auf 32 Kbit / s Audio herunterfällt. Stellen Sie sicher, dass alle Audiospuren auf Minimum eingestellt sind.

Es ist ein Ausgangspunkt für mich, und ich arbeite daran und beginne, Dinge wie Auflösung usw. voranzutreiben. Hinweis: Ich arbeite auch nur mit einer Bildrate von 15 Bildern pro Sekunde.

I forgot to ask if you were using Windows or Linux for OBS, as windows seems to only allow a minimum of 64Kbps for audio, where Linux will drop down to 32Kbps audio in each case make sure that all the audio tracks are set to minimum.

It's a starting point for me and I work from these and start to push things such as resolutiion etc. Note I am also just running at a frame rate of 15FPS.

• Hi Adrian,

thanks for the information.

I use WIN 10 64 Bit

my combination, I have 333KS/s @ 3/4FEC @ DVB-S2 / QPSK and I use netto ts bitrate 0,4403 x 1000000 = bitrate - muxrate= 440300 x 0,0006=264,18 or 264.

I have play a little with the FFVB Bitrate for my individual setup. I guess that's ok, but the sound problem ( time delay ) is still there...

73 Manfred DK5FA

• The ,nocalib,600,32, The 32 at the end is for the Pluto to reduce the audio bitrate down further to 32kbps, give that a try and see if it helps, but it may make it worse if the audio is delayed.

I will try OBS in Windows 7 and see what works for me some time Sunday.

Adrian

• I am using this system - I have a new PCB design for the PTT too. It is in KiCad will be on my Github.

I built a prototype. It's working well. I re-boxed my Pluto and it fits inside the case/

I am looking at another design with a low profile reed relay did sits on the Pluto GPIO header. This might fit inside the standard Pluto case, it's a tight fit though.

Back to the point ..

I use UDP from OBS rather than RTMP. It's much more flexible. As I have an Nvidia hardware encoder it allows me to do H265, so full HD in 333ks. Audio at 32k is the minimum but the Pluto can re-encode the audio with later firmware. If you don't have an H265 encoder you can always use H264. It's pretty good too.

There are several other ways to encode the TS to send to the Pluto, including the Jatson Nano and the H264/H265 encoder boxes. The easiest way for me is to use the Nvidia card, they are not so expensive. Instructions are appearing on the BATC Wiki as we get around to it.

• I have tried a UDP stream via from OBS and even OBS > ffmpeg and it seemed to last for around 30 seconds with minimal delay, but then stops, so I thought there may be checking for the H264/H265 box? My reasoning was I got something like a 9 second latency with the rtmp stream and 4.5 seconds udp. Then I changed a few of the settings in OBS and got rtmp down to 5 seconds which will do me for the time being. I think there are many variables outside of the Pluto to consider. It is not easy for me but I am trying to understand the scripts within Pluto to gain better understanding.

Adrian

• Ich habe die Änderungen in meinem Windows 7 x64 mit OBS ausprobiert und alles scheint in Ordnung zu sein. Können Sie die Optionen für den Ausgabemodus von "Einfach" auf "Erweitert" ändern und die anderen Optionen wie angegeben ausprobieren?

Hello Manfred;

You say FEC3/4 in the text above but have 2/3 set in OBS stream command, which matches you TS bit rate of 440.3 and your first post.

I have tried the changes in my Windows 7 x64 with OBS and all seems to be OK. Can you change the options for Output Mode from simple to advanced and try the other options as I have them listed?

• G8UGD

Hi Adrian,

in the obs stream settings there was a mistake 2/3 - 3/4 when taking the picture,

but what can I say, it's all ok. I have set the output settings incorrectly. I changed the settings, now I have a time delay of 3 sec that's good to use.

Thank you for your help, hope to see you on the QO 100 WB - Transponder.

73 Manfred DK5FA

• Guten Morgen Zusammen,

hat jemand für mich eine Konfigurationseinstellung für 125KB mit umgebautem Pluto. Ich finde im OBS nicht wo man das Rufzeichen und den Pluto als HW eingibt. Habe die SW 25.0.8 herrunter geladen. Fange gerade mit dem Thema DATV an, deswegen Probleme auf der ganzem Linie.

Gruß Ulrich

• Hallo Ulrich,

Soooo lauft das nicht!!!

Mache keine tx-wb aber lese viel hihi

Der OBS "streamt" zum PLUTO so muss du dein ip von PLUTO eingeben NICH hw un rufzeichen....

kuck mahl #4 dort steht "stream"...192.168.2.1..usw usw...

Und zum tx auch Software: DATV express

Grussen Luc

• Hallo Luc,

man soll doch mit der SW F5OEO auf dem Pluto mit OBS senden können. Den Pluto möchte ich per. USB verwenden. Die Einstellungen die ich gefunden habe sind alle mit IP-Adresse.

DATV-Express habe ich auch installiert und auch von PC zu PC mal eine Verbindung hin bekommen. Heute Vormittag habe ich meine Endstufe angeschlossen und habe die PTT im DATV-Express betätigt, laut SW ging er auch auf Sendung nur die PTT von meinem Pluto ging nicht an.

Was mache ich da falsch?

Gruß Ulrich

• Hallo Zusammen,

ich habe ein Problem mit OBS mit 125K/s.

Mit 333 K/s funktioniert alles.

Aber bei 125K/s gehen Standbilder aber keine laufenden Bilder, also Laufschrift oder Video.

Hier meine Einstellung für 333 K/s:

rtmp://192.168.2.1:7272/,2408.000,DVBS2,QPSK,333,23,-35,nocalib,800,32,

Mit dieser Einstellung für 125 K/s:

rtmp://192.168.2.1:7272/,2408.000,DVBS2,QPSK,125,23,-35,nocalib,800,32,

Alle anderen Parameter im OBS-Programm sind gleich.

Hat jemand von Euch ein Tipp was noch verändern muss???

73 de Ulrich

• You are trying to get video in H264 in high resolution through a 125ks QPSK transport stream. That wont end well. You don't say what the FEC is but I think it is 2/3. Even without FEC 280kbs / s is not going to fit into 125ks QPSK (max bit rate 250k) in any case. More like 100k max. after FEC and overheads.

Mike

• Hi all, i have the same problem like Ulrich DL3ED described above. I am trying to get 125ks QPSK FEC2/3. Unfortunatly, it seems that i cannot reduce the Videobitrate in OBS below 200 Kbps.

With this limitation of OBS, does it mean that OBS can only be used for 333ks and higher ?

Manuel