IZ4RYB SKY66292-11 2,4ghz 4w 35db gain driwer for Pluto

• Hi,

I've found an interesting driver to be used with Pluto.

Currently I've a too long driver chain from pluto to Ampleon 500w PA.

Such as ;

Pluto at 1,3Ghz->3Mhz-3Ghz amply->BU500->wifi 2w->Sg Lab 20w->500w Ampleon PA.

Even the chain is very long I do not have stabilities problems but I would like
    to improve Dattv shoulders.

I'll substitute BU500 and Wifi 2wat amplifier with the SKY66292-11 to use
    pluto directly at 2,4ghz and avoiding upconverter.

See attached pictures.

Bye!

• Dear DD9FJ,

many thanks for suggesting me where to buy a pcb.

Unfortunately I'm looking to a ready to use driver, not looking at all to

build by myself something already available in the market at the right
    price.

If a module already exists on the marked I'm not looking to invent
    warm water.

The time are changing, we are old man but not for that we have to build
    everything.

I've ordered the module from US, it arrived in a couple of days, mounted
    tested with the heat sink already.

I did the same with ampleon 250w pallet.

I've build up the ampleon 500w because was not on the market.

That is what I'm looking for.

Do not misunderstood me I'm talking about module not about systems,

like entire up/down QO100 station.

Mounting by myself a small pcb is is not a challenge anymore for me.

Sorry for that!

De IZ4RYB!

P.s. I'm sorry I've spent many words than you but that is the way to be polite I know.

• Your money, your choice ..

I just wanted to point out a much cheaper option. Thanks to the work of Felix and his publication of the KiCad files, it is also possible to adapt the PA to your own needs.

For example, I installed a SAW filter in the entrance of the PA. However, this is a bit more time-consuming because you have to deal with the layout program.

73 de dd9fj / michael

• Hi Michael,

other recurring old man behaviour I hate is the strong efforts done

to save money, instead of looking to price/results degree.

I use to define my objectives first and than looking to the price as last,

if it is too much for me wait until I've saved enough money.

Life it is not only a metter of price.

By the way you are right everyone has his own price objectives and time
    schedule.

About modifying the pcb it is not a problem for me because I'm working for
    a Japanese software company producing PCB design software.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Bye!

DE IZ4RYB.

• Hi,

yesterday I did some measurement with really good results, the Sky-power driver works

perfectly, also because I've used Sky-power EMI certified module.

Hereunder attached pictures description;

q1-cw-5dbm_in-36dbm_out.jpg ->2,4ghz CW 5dbm-in 36dbm-out 4w as declared by Sky-Power

probably using db4um Pa pcb we have only 2w only due to home made mounting method.

q2-dattv-1ms_pluto-8db.jpg -> Shoulders -40db using Pluto F5OEO firmware -8 att and Sky-power module.

q3-dattv-1ms-300mw_out-36db_pluto-6db.jpg -> Shoulders -36db using Pluto F5OEO firmware -8 att and Sky-power module,

output power 300mw.

q4-driver-skypower-dut.jpg -> small pcb to hold the Sky-power module, one power on switch, another enable switch applying
    1.9v to the module, 1.9V are got with 3 series 1n4148 and one 2,2k resistor connected to 5v.

q5-driver-skypower-dut-inplace.jpg -> Module in place. Now the chain is Obs studio, pluto with F5OEO firmware, sky-works driver,

sg lab 20w amplifier, 500w Ampleon dual LDMOs PA. I like to underline the module has not any shielding case and even it
    is 10cm far from the 500w pa it works perfectly stable, that is due to the right device used in the right frequency an the
    same is for 500PA. I currently do not have any UMTS adapted devices. That is the main chain stabilities reason, all right
    frequency device with completed adapted pcb.

q6-driver-skypower-heat-sync.jpg -> the sky-power comes with heat sync really cold with 1w out power.

r1-2.4ghz-5cell-filter.jpg and r2-2.4ghz-5cell-filter-shape.jpg -> I had wifi problem with the previous driver chain so I've
    tuned a filter to reduce 500w PA wifi interference. I've not used it because the entire chain from pluto to 500w ampleon

pa it is very clean.

Thats all!

i'm really happy about this driwer, it cost 120euros but completly justified bye the results.

DE IZ4RYB

Bye!

• Hi,

I wold like really to give a lot of congratulations for Fausto IK4NMF, he gave me all the great hints to built up this
    2,4ghz QO100 up station. With his Agilent Vector and Bolometer analyzer and great microwave experience.

Many thanks to F5OEO for the great Pluto firmware.

Many thanks to Alessio IK4IDY wo gave me all the suggestions to configure pluto with F5OEO and OBS studio.

Bye!

The IZ4RYB!

• Hi,

doing some driver chain calculations I've discovered I've been wrong with the skywork gain, it is not
    45db but 35db as written in the tread title.

So the calculation is the following, pluto exit with -10dbm at 2409Mhz and 2Msymbol, +35db skyworks,

+16db sglab, +15db Ampleon 500w we will get theoretically 56dbm or 398w. Fore sure I'll not

exceed the 200w due to linearity and datv tv signal shape shoulders.

Sorry for the gain mistake but I've been so excited by the skyworks driver, I've increased the module gain
    by 10db.

Bye!

DE IZ4RYB

• Hi,

I've received an email from admin@amsat-dl.org advising me oe9dgv sent me the following message;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Marco!

Tnx for interesting article abt the SKY66292-11 13cm Amplifier - very good!

I´m prepareing a holiday equipment fror QO-100 with adalm Pluto sdr. If I understand you right this Amp. with a LZ5DP Amp works well for narrowband tranponder.

Can you please explain me, what is to do, that the SKY66292-11 works with pluto and LZ5DP Amp? Do you have a ptt line from pluto?

73, oe9dgv, Guntram.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll expected to see the message in this tread but I do not see it.

Bye the way I'm answering to oe9dgv here under.

About the SKY66292-11 you need just to apply the vcc and bias pins to 5v, about 600ma to have 4w output.

Then you need to apply 2v for the PA enable using 3 diode and one switch. You have first to apply 5volts, than 2v and
    than apply rf input from pluto.

Pluto is directly connected to the module witch is directly connected to the SG LAB 20w PA.

I'm using it with DATV so I do not need any PTT, if you want to modify your pluto to add ptt just follow the

https://wetzsteinfunker.de/wor…ang-fuer-den-adalm-pluto/

Bye !

DE IZ4RYB