Pluto drivers with Ubuntu 20.04 & GNURadio 3.8

• HI,

I try to install drivers for Pluto at Ubuntu 20.04 and GNURadio 3.8 without success. I can not see them inside the GNURadio. I add export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages which is the directory contaning iio without success. Also I put export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any help ?

• Hi George,

New in ububtu and learning hihi

How to install the drivers for the pluto??

SDRAngel running but no pluto to see same problem with other sdr programms in ububtu

so i do somthing wrong ore the are no drivers installed for ubuntu.

So anny advice is welcome.

Greetings and stay safe

• Hi,

Now Pluto can be add but the folling error message is priny when I run a simple GRC.

Generating: '/home/user/Documents/GNURadio/testpluto.py'

Executing: /usr/bin/python3 -u /home/user/Documents/GNURadio/testpluto.py

Warning: failed to XInitThreads()

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/iio/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>

from .iio_swig import *

File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/iio/iio_swig.py", line 13, in <module>

from . import _iio_swig

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-iio.so...: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6chrono12steady_clock3nowEv

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/user/Documents/GNURadio/testpluto.py", line 34, in <module>

import iio

File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/iio/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>

from .iio_swig import *

File "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/iio/iio_swig.py", line 13, in <module>

from . import _iio_swig

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-iio.so...: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6chrono12steady_clock3nowEv

>>> Done (return code 1)

Any ideas?

• Hi,

Finally I rollback as drivers are not ready yet for most devices. I will like to use Python3 for GNURadio but ...

Hallo George ...

installed Ubuntu20.04 now on my Linux machine.... Pluto wit IIO-Oscillocope worked ok and and modules compiled like given in the info from analog devices ....

BUT:

I cannot get running Pluto with Gnuradio 3.8.1.... IIO and Pluto block are inside GRC

getting an error when starting the simple flowgraph... something si missing i think...

this did not help .... export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating: '/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py'

Executing: /usr/bin/python3 -u /home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py

File "/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py", line 33, in <module>

import iio

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'iio'

>>> Done (return code 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY IDEA ???

Thank You

73 de Michael dg0opk

• Hallo ...

after some recherche in the WEB the Pluto is running now...with upto 60MHZ BW in Spektrum mode (-no decode mode) ...

(decode of signlas is only possible with lower samplerate and BW < 5MHz because of USB2.0)

the solution:

you have to put in the following line in your .bashrc file

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages

after then you can start the gnuradio-companion from terminal.

(It looks it is a bug in Gnuradio 3.8.1 or later and will maybe solved in the future)

73 de dg0opk

• Hallo ...

made an other screenshot this morning from the "simple pluto analyzer" with 10MSPs on GNURADIO 3.8.1 Ubuntu 20.04

RX: 80cm DISH, LNB-LO 9.388 MHz (TCXO) H-pol, IF 1105 in CENTER, AVERAGE and MAXHOLD ....

you can nicely see the sigs of both transponders , NB is relatively weak because of polarisation loss V->H

So the next time not to much time anymore ... "playing a bit"

73 de dg0opk