QO-100 Beacon, bad TS

Last month we had already planned a Firmware update, which uses a watchdog to restart the hardware every 24 hours. This should then eliminate or reduce the accumulating timing errors.

73s Peter DB2OS, AMSAT-DL QO-100 Team

Hi Peter,

from what I see the problem of the WB Beacon is solved for the moment. The problem regarding PCR Accuracy Error remains but this does not seem to affect the correct reception of the beacon.

The most serious error, in my opinion, concerns the accumulating timing errors but this is overcome by the reset programmed every 24 hours.

Given the conditions, I think the maximum possible has been done ... as always.

• Official Post

As a matter of interest, why not uplink from Germany where it would be easier to access? Genuine question.

Mike

Hi Mike,

technically we could, practically we see no urgent need at the moment and in particular after the last fix. We have installed a beautiful dual-redundant full setup at Es'hailSat in Qatar and we have have excellent professional support from the engineers there. We should keep using those resources. We had also additional plans, but due to the pandemic and other things we shifted those activities to next year..

73 Peter

• Hi Peter,

from what I see the problem of the WB Beacon is solved for the moment. The problem regarding PCR Accuracy Error remains but this does not seem to affect the correct reception of the beacon.

The most serious error, in my opinion, concerns the accumulating timing errors but this is overcome by the reset programmed every 24 hours.

Given the conditions, I think the maximum possible has been done ... as always.

The problem that seemed solved has come back. The WB Beacon is not working properly and it is impossible to receive it correctly.

It is as if, somehow, the scheduled reset every 24 hours is not working properly.

With my modest home instruments I see the following errors that do not allow to receive the WB Beacon correctly.

error 1.4: Continuity_count_error

error 2.3: PCR_error

error 2.4: PCR_accuracy_error

error 3.3: Buffer_error

Maybe a manual reset could help you buy time?

• Official Post

It is as if, somehow, the scheduled reset every 24 hours is not working properly.

Yes, we had a similar behavior 2 days ago.. it was OK after the automatic reboot, but this morning it seems to have happened again..

If Corona allows, we are planing a replacement (new) HW for next year.

Manual reset is not an option at this time.

Another Firmware update was already planned for these days, hopefully it will cure the problems..

73 Peter