Does Anybody has soluce to run both raspi gqrx and gpsdo (Bodnar) ?

• Hi,

please specify your query. What are you trying to do?

If you just intend to use gqrx / sdr-stick, go ahead and do so, there is no problem with that.

My recommendation for a well working setup (besides DL3DCW's satcontroler) is to hook a raspberry (or any other linux computer) equiped with a rtl-stick into your local network, install rtl-tcp on it, set and forget it.

Then use your favorite software on a different computer.

My setup here is a small shuttle pc running as a server for various tasks like mesh-network, recorder for surveillance cameras, cloudserver, pi-hole dns-server etc. And rtl-tcp. It's running 24/7 anyway. I access the stick via network with gqrx or sdr-console, what ever comes to my mind.

Edit:

I just read the manual for a Leo Bodnar GPSDO . You hook up the USB-connection for programming it only , then it runs stand-alone. Is that what you refer to and probably didn't quite get?

73, Martin

• Hello Martin,

thank you for your answer in which there is the beginning of a solution to my problem, I did not know that the gpsdo was working autonomously but in this case what is it powered by?

I come back to the answer to the question, I wanted a system that consumes less energy than a receiving PC. The raspi, rtlsdr, gps triptych seemed perfect to me because the raspi could have been able to power the gps and the driver like the pc does.

I noticed that the reception on gqrx is almost stable and using the dl3dcw program (sat controller no longer starts at home i may have to reformat the sd card but that's another problem) I could have stabilized the reception. The gpsdo only used for my transverter.

here is the info.

looking forward to reading you

73 Eric

• Well, Eric,

I suppose the Leo Bodnar Mini Precision GPS Reference runs on USB-power, either from a Computer or a USB-Charger. The larger one has a DC socket. Look at the pictures :

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/…cPath=107&products_id=301

"Additional Images"

For the larger one ( not Mini ) the site states: "It does not need any drivers installed or even USB connection. You can use external 12V power supply without USB attached."

There you have it. Once you have a stable 10MHz clock, you may also derive the 25MHz for your LNB from it.

Take a look here: https://wp.project-launch.net/

It shows what you can do if you want to build it yourself. F1CJN took it a bit further by using a OCXO instead of a TCXO, DL4ZAO and DL7UKM made a nice PCB with features like Measurement of Control-Voltage, I did some cosmetics and incorporated a temperature sensor and a bit of code to handle a Si5351 for 25MHz output and some features for the display - like show time with leading zeros etc -that initially weren't there.

There will be a virtual lecture on the "UKW-TAGUNG" in Weinheim, which will take place online. Find info here:

https://ukw-tagung.org/vortraege/

There is a Translator-applet in the upper right corner.

73, Martin

• Re Bonjour

cool i can see on the doc that external power beguin at 5 v to 12 v..we have all 5v phone power, but i dont know same with 12 v..i will check..

F1CJN project (who leave at 150 km from here hi) is a nice pcb but out of my competence and am not equipped to make these assemblies. thank you for giving me this information which may be of interest to many who. I will try to restart the DL3DCW image on my raspi and feed the gps with a 5v charger that should be fine.

see you soon on the satellite.

73 Eric