WIFI interference when transmitting

• i to you all,

I have tested the uplink at the QO100 satellite a few days ago, my setup: DX-Patrol MK2 uplink converter , FB2400 bandpass filter , EDUP- EP-AB003 PA, when transmitting, my wifi interrupts my pc is about 10meters away from the uplink antenna on the backside of the dish my uplink antenna is a helix antenna.

i have tried to map how far this interference goes, but it varies.

all suggestions welcome

• Official Post

No surprise, the 2.4 GHz uplink lies in the same band where WiFi is operating. Your transmitter simply blocks your WiFi on 2.4 GHz.

Try to switch WiFi to 5.6 GHz and switch 2.4 GHz Off.. most Smartphones nowadays support 5 GHz WLAN.

You can also go into the configuration of your Router or Access point and switch "Auto Channel" Off, than manually select a fixed WLAN channel.

Example Fritz!Box (sorry in German):

This might help too... let us know if it helped....

73s Peter

• I'm using CH3+8 (2.4GHz) and 5GHz as well. My Antenna is 10m away from my house. No problems so far using the NB transponder (2W+POTY+1.2m offset dish).

WB and more power could be different...

Keep in mind that with the higher wifi speeds, the channels are wider and hence channels overlap. If you are using channel1 then channel 2,3 are unusable. Industry practice therefore is to (only) use channel 1, 6, and 11. WIth QO100 activity that leaves channel 6 and 11. Use of channel 3 and 8 is like transmitting on 145.505: you block 145.500 and 145.5125.

I realize that signals are local but I still remember when I was the only one with wifi - these days I see 30-40 SSID's easily and unfortunately not all of them use this scheme. wifi on 13cm in city areas is a zoo.

I realize this is out of scope for this forum but if people tinker with these settings they might as well know.