Need help, please, with my first QO-100 setup (Raspberry Pi 3B and FT-817)

• Hello,

I have been active on the ham sats for many years but am new to QO-100. My friend had to leave Slovakia on business and he gave me a box that he says has everything I need to operate on QO-100 except for the dish, which I have on order. He says it is similar to the DL3DCW setup as described in the thread in this forum: NB Station for Es'hail-2.

So I've configured the rx side except for the dish and it seems to be working, but I have some questions:

1) The SDR tunes from 10.079-.080 ghz, is there any reason for this setting? I know the downlink is 10489.550-.800 ghz and I can change it to there, but before I do just would like to make sure that is what I should do.

2) The Nano Three came plugged into a Y connector with a serial port on the other side of the Y (see attached photo). Is it supposed to be that way and, if yes, what attaches to the serial port? The DL3DCW setup has no serial port and no Y connector, the Nano plugs directly to the Raspberry.

3) Every time I start the program, I get the "problems with the current configuration" message shown in the attachment. Everything seems to be working OK, not sure what this message means. Is it something to worry about?

Thanks much for any info. I'm sure I'll have more questions when I try to configure the tx side.

73, Bill OM3BD/NZ5N