Shipping of AMSAT-DL Journal to non-EU

• Hello,

We are currently receiving the message or get mail back from the central mail distributor for foreign countries / Frankfurt Airport.

With the note:

"Post and goods shipments with the country of destination are currently interrupted. The resumption is not foreseeable at the moment".

In this case, currently the journal and shipping of goods to South Africa, Brazil and Mauritius

All those who have contacts in non-European countries, please spread this information.

We have not forgotten this, but it is not possible at the moment.

73 de Michael, DD5ER

• Hi Thomas,

we had that discussion in the past, but the majority of the membership voted for continuing a printed paper version of the AMSAT-DL Journal.

eMembership in fact requires more resources (people/software) to handle the whole process, i.e. from authentication that you are a real member (connection to our database and to the the serve) and to allow to download a private copy etc..

At the moment we have no solution with our existing membership database and server for an easy solution without too much manual work load..

If you have an solution or if someone wants to volunteer, let us know..

73s Peter

• AMSAT-UK offers an eMembership with a journal in PDF for download. Would this not be a good solution for AMSAT-DL and their new members in oversea ? With QO-100 I think we gained a few new members.

The journal is in German. I think that would limit the appeal outside the EU of a printed version. However an online PDF would be excellent for those of us who need to use translation services to get the most out of it. There are many interesting articles.

• we had that discussion in the past, but the majority of the membership voted for continuing a printed paper version of the AMSAT-DL Journal.

Hallo Peter

A PDF of the journal exists anyway at the DARC editor. This could be an add on for our non-German-speaking friends as Mike noted (copy&paste -> translator). I also want a journal on paper in the future. The one does not exclude the other.

A side observation: There are no more CDs available in the shop.

If you have an solution or if someone wants to volunteer, let us know..

Ask our friends at AMSAT-UK, I'm sure they would help us.

The life could be so easy ;)

• A PDF of the journal exists anyway at the DARC editor.

Ask our friends at AMSAT-UK, I'm sure they would help us.

Well - Yes, we also receive the Journal electronically as PDF before printing.. that's not the problem.

As I said above, our current membership database and our internet servers are not connected.. also due to privacy.

Doing this manually would require additional work for which we have no resources at the moment.

We already planned to change our membership to an Online system earlier this year, but we are not really satisfied with that software so far.. Once we have a good solution, it should have a private area for members where we can also put signed PDF files..

73s Peter