IS0GRB Pluto DATV Patch

• Pluto DATV IS0GRB Patch v.1.9 available

1- Added compatibility for using SDRConsole with all F5OEO firmware.

With the latest basic versions of the F5OEO firmware, the SDRConsole functionality is enabled or disabled by a specific setting in the SETUP page.

You are therefore obliged to open the Pluto page and set this mode in order to use the program.

Being bound by this selection, the SDRConsole program does not transmit because PTT is not enabled by default.

As has been verified on SDRConsole, when the TX key is pressed it does not actually send a PTT command but only the setting of the power level selected with the slider in the TX part, as it is based on the official firmware version of the Analog device where the PTT is always enabled.

As soon as the "pluto.php" web page is opened, PTT is immediately disabled.

From then on you can select your PTT ON / OFF preference after applying the settings by pressing the "Apply Settings" button.

If you decide to use SDRConsole again, you can do it in several ways:

A. Manually enable PTT from the Pluto web page if it is still open on the browser

B. Reboot the Pluto

C. Disconnect / reconnect the Pluto from the USB socket if connected in this mode

2- Fixed a bug on the memorization of the flags on the 4 types of modulators Normal OBS, Repeater, Live Beacon, Static Beacon

When creating the memories, the 4 flags were not stored and then clicking on Apply Settings, sometimes, in the repeater or beacon mode the Pluto did not transmit, because an addressing path not compatible with the chosen DATV mode.

3- Added the SR20 in the modulator drop-down menu.

4- The PCR and PAT sliders now start from 40ms, to set the correct PCR value as required by the DVB protocol specification (100ms).

Suggested values for perfect synchronization even in Graph mode of the minitioune PCR 100ms and PAT 100ms.

If the minitioune has problems with synchronization in Graph mode, press RESET on the side to synchronize the transmission correctly.

It is important to correctly set the keyframe value in OBS. Set the value 2sec if you use Steaming or the value (fps x 2) if you use Recording.

5- Added audio bit rate values from 32k up to 48k to the Audio Settings drop-down menu.

6- Added the possibility to set the buffer latency in the encoding, from 100ms to 1000ms (Default 400ms).

This parameter has been added on memories.

7- DVB Provider removed from memories.

The string saved with "Save to Flash" is used.

8- Added link at the top of the help page for setting the metric on the pluto network in case of problems during tuning by clicking on the spectrum signals.

Download:

Pluto Rev-B: https://drive.google.com/file/…CTMd73fk/view?usp=sharing

Pluto Rev-C: https://drive.google.com/file/…PGifHaEE/view?usp=sharing

• Pluto DATV IS0GRB Patch v.2.0 available

1.Normal DATV mode with OBS:

-Inserted new colors for the memories (Yellow, Brown, Harlequin Green, Light Turquoise)

-Added Yellow (default) and Turquoise colors for the BATC spectrum

-Compacted controller page and reformatted to have all commands aligned when the browser window is minimized, so as to keep under control even minitioune if you use only one monitor

-Inserted PTT ON-AIR timer counter; after 10 minutes of continuous transmission a beep will be emitted for 5 seconds, non-invasive, to alert the operator

-Added 8000Hz and 32000Hz audio sample rates in the audio coding section

-Added automatic 3rd harmonic frequency calculation for frequencies from 6GHz to 18GHz:

[The pluto as you know is capable of generating different harmonics.

After numerous tests carried out and after some comparisons with the author of the Satsagen software, we found that the Pluto in the harmonic frequencies does not modify the modulation as the mixers work in a harmonic way,

the base band then modulates the carrier in the mixers on the harmonics and for this reason the modulation on the harmonics is the same as the fundamental.

This observation opens a new world of experimentation in DATV even on frequencies higher than 6GHz, for example it is possible to transmit in DATV even in 10GHz by setting the 3rd harmonic frequency.

It is sufficient to filter the 3rd harmonic with a dedicated filter for 10GHz, amplify it and you are operating at 10GHz in DATV. The third harmonic has a level of about -35dBm.

It is also possible to carry out tests without a filter; set 3457MHz on Pluto and with an LNB nearby you can perfectly see each other again at 10371 MHz.

This therefore also allows the Pluto to be used as part of a "Low cost" 10GHz transverter.

I thank my colleagues Raffaele IW1QEF, Roberto IK6BLO and Giulio IK2DED for the tests and measurements.]

2.RF Repeater DATV Mode:

-Added internal functionality of Transport Stream source switch in order to use an IP-Camera for the beacon in repeater mode.

(When the repeater is active and no signal is in transit, the beacon will be sent with the streaming of an external IP camera. Tested on our IR0UDV repeater in Cagliari with a Full-HD IP-Camera)

-Possibility of selecting 4 beacon sources in repeater mode (IP-Camera with external script, IP-Camera with HTTP streaming, Live beacon video file or Static Beacon video file)

3.Beacon mode

-Added beacon mode timer and timer duration. Up to 6 timers can be configured; each timer can have a maximum duration of 10 minutes

-Clicking on "Save" in the "Beacon Timer" section will also configure the correct time to the Pluto; useful if connected via USB.

There is also a special button to do just this operation; if the Pluto is connected via LAN, the time will be updated via the Internet via NTP server.

4.Documentation:

-Inserted link at the top of the page for OBS Studio configuration guide in H.265 without a dedicated card

-Included guide for IP-Camera configuration in beacon mode

5. Fixed some bugs in Normal and Repeater mode

[IMPORTANT: After loading the patch press CTRL-left + F5 to refresh the browser cache]

Pluto Rev-B: https://drive.google.com/file/…CTMd73fk/view?usp=sharing

Pluto Rev-C: https://drive.google.com/file/…PGifHaEE/view?usp=sharing

• What is the right way to install the patch ?

I have a brand new pluto ( rev b ) I have installed the latest fw from analog devices.

After installing original analog fw, with alternative firmware ( perseverance or bata for the brave ) do i have to install before applying this patch.

What are the correct steps and in which order ?

• Hi, i confirm that if you have already installed the Evariste firmware you can upload the patch via the Maintenance > firmware section. Select the patch.zip file you previously saved. Make sure the file is not renamed by windows

• Hello Roberto, thanks for your interest.
    The patch can be used with any version of Evariste firmware; i did several tests and the colleagues who followed the tests with me did not report any anomalies with specific firmware versions.
    Personally i always use the 2908 for power reasons, which in my setup is necessary, otherwise i would have to modify the PA chain, but for the SR 35, 25 and 20k, the 0201 and later, as you well know, is definitely, better for the quality of the signal transmitted at 16APSK and 32APSK, on the other hand the power delivered is slightly lower and requires greater amplification.

• Hi Roberto, I need your help.

I installed the firmware F5OEO version 0303 on a brand new Pluto Rev C/D and then your patch 2.1. Everything works fine except for the PTT control.
    In the SDR console, the PTT switches perfectly, but not in DATV mode.

The PTT-tick is set and PTT switches to red, but the GPO port is not set.
    I have the same problem with another Pluto of the same version.
    What am I doing wrong here?

Addendum:
    I don't know if this is important.
    Both Pluto run on an external 50MHz clock.

• Hi Rolf sorry I'm late.
    You should verify that all fields of the web page form are validated.
    If you have never installed the my patch for DATV it is likely that some fields have no value as they are taken from the configuration saved in the Pluto.
    Essentially check the Audio settings part, set to Default and Encoding, set to Internal.
    To be sure, check that the symbol rate is set correctly. if you still have problems send me an email
    Roberto IS0GRB

• Hi Roberto,

I trying to run your latest patch v2.1 on a 0303 firmware (Pluto Rev.B) and got following error:

"The

Code
    /mnt/jffs2/etc/settings-datv.txt

is not available, the form values are not initialized ! Please take a look at the setup page"

Thus no settings can be saved in Pluto!

Have checked that specific subfolder with PuTTY. Settings-datv.txt does not exists there.

It was fresh install with latest Analogdevices fw.

Where do I find missing configuration txt file?

73, Mike

• Just these few lines? My "settings-datv.txt" file is much longer and it appears there after a fresh install of 0303, below is its content. However, after fw tries to write to it, it disappears to an unknown location. I guess I'm not the only one having this problem?

I tried it on two different Plutos, one old used one, the other brand new. The problem is exactly the same on both.

I am attaching my file as I managed to catch it right after installation. Later she was gone!

If I upload the file again manualy, the same thing happens later - it disappears!

"settings-datv.txt"

-------------------------------

mainmode = datv

[DATV]

datvmode = udp

callsign = S51KQ

provname = Pluto

abs_gain = 0

hi_power_limit = 0

lo_power_limit = -30

[OBS]

ipaddr_obs = 192.168.2.190

obs_port = 4444

obs_password =

[H265BOX]

ipaddr_h265box = 192.168.1.120

h265box_login = admin

h265box_password = 12345

[DATV_EXPERT]

phase_correction = 0

module_correction = 1.45

phase_correction_32_1 = 0

module_correction_32_1 = 1.45

phase_correction_32_2 = 0

module_correction_32_2 = 1.45

tx_watchdog =

[SYSTEM]

xo_correction =

udc_handle_suspend =

[ACTIONS]

diagnostic_report =

dfu =

reset =

calibrate =

[DATV_RECEIVER]

spectrum-source = QO100-web

minitiouner-ip = 232.0.0.11

minitiouner-port = 6789

minitiouner-udp-ip = 230.0.0.10

minitiouner-udp-port = 230.0.0.10

minitiouner-offset = 9362337

minitiouner-socket = A

minitiouner-voltage = 1

minitiouner-22khz = OFF

minitiouner-mode = Auto

-------------------------------

• Alex, thanks for your replay. I use Pluto Rev.B for tests, downgraded it to original fw v0.32, and then upgraded to the latest original v0.38. Extended its frq. range and set on two processors. Installed F5OEO 0303 Persevance fw and installed IS0GRB patch from the 0303 fw. But there an new problem occur. TS input - UDP port on IS0GRB setting screen can not be configured at all.

Area for entering TS input IP is there, but nothing can be either selected, nor written in that part of the window. It looks like it is set to read only, instead of text input window. Other entries seems to work.

Either IS0GRB patch is not compatible with Persevance 0303 fw, or something else is wrong.

Yes, please write me your procedure of instalation...

• problem is that you installed the genuine fw from AD (0.38) ... that is "too new" to work with the datv fw by evariste

in older installs i used fw31 from analog devices and then installed 2103 from evariste (quite similar to the 0303 version)

now i am using the very new fw from evariste (0.3-31) that does not has the web page anymore but can be controlled from "node red" gui

fw can be found here

beta – Google Drive

also read the wiki

Home
    PlutoSDR softwares using custom hdl design. Contribute to F5OEO/pluto-ori-ps development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com