QO-100 Realtime Live DVB-S2 Decoding Success with very low SNR , using leandvb

• This is Realtime live DVB-S2 Decoding done , without need to record .RAW file , its live and easy method by one click ! In this video i decoding 2MS symbol rate from wideband transponder of QO-100 beacon , you can decoding 1MS , 0.5MS , 333KS , 125KS symbol rate ! The lower Symbol, the faster speed for decoding! , the Amateurs operators on QO-100 Uplink DATV DVB-S2 at 0.5 , 333 , 125Ks , so its easy to Live Decoding Now ! With very low SNR ! , so the normal SDR can coverage wideband beacon of 2Ms symbol and all Ham uplink ! , if you have an SDR that can coverage 27.5 mb of bandwidth, so you can easy decoding Live a standard commercial satellite channels! But it need a high speed Pc . The softwares i use : Leandvb, LDPC .
    http://www.pabr.org/radio/leandvb

For LIVE VEW AND DECODING DIRECTLY WITHOUT RECORD ANY FILE :
    rtl_sdr -f 742500000 -s 2400000 -g 10 - | ./leandvb --gui --inpipe 32000000 --nhelpers 6 --sr 2000e3 --sampler rrc --rrc-rej 30 --standard DVB-S2 --ldpc-helper ldpc_tool -v -d | vlc -

you can change the frequency or symbol rate to any frequency you want to decoding !

• (((((( For LIVE VEW DIRECTLY WITHOUT RECORD ANY FILE !! : ))))))

rtl_sdr -f 742500000 -s 2400000 -g 10 - | ./leandvb --gui --inpipe 32000000 --nhelpers 6 --sr 2000e3 --sampler rrc --rrc-rej 30 --standard DVB-S2 --ldpc-helper ldpc_tool -v -d | vlc -

• another method :

for live recording .ts video format to TMP folder :

sudo -s

echo 32000000 > /proc/sys/fs/pipe-max-size

rtl_sdr -f 742500000 -s 2400000 -g 10 - | ./leandvb --gui --inpipe 32000000 --nhelpers 6 --sr 2000e3 --sampler rrc --rrc-rej 30 --standard DVB-S2 --ldpc-helper ldpc_tool -v -d > /tmp/stream.ts

then to run the .ts file just use this :

vlc /tmp/stream.ts

or:

mplayer /tmp/stream.ts

• for piping to the max you need to activate it in terminal :

sudo -s

• dl7kay Hi, i run Lubuntu 16.04. . I was following the install guide on leandvb website, this failed. Removed everything and git cloned to github.

Now on github, the process is completely different. What command should i issue to see a signal in VLC ?

• dm4im : Use this installation guide here, please:

http://www.pabr.org/radio/leandvb/leandvb.en.html#install

After building the LDPC binary copy it into the same directory where the leandvb binaries are located. If you didn't change the paths it should be ../leandvb/src/apps

Questions: Call me 🖒

• Here's what i get now:

• Did you do

sudo -s

And did you copy the LDPC_tool binary into apps?

Or: Did you compile both toolchains with the same user? In fact permission denied means wrong rights, too.

Or: You can pn me a

ls -l

of the app directory.

Or: After doing sudo -s I had to quit the root user again. Did you do that?

The parameter

--ldpc-helper ldpc_tool

means that the external tool ldpc_tool will br called. I has to be in the app dir.

• something wrong in my guide.....

forget to mention that the the full content from the seperate ldpc folder must be copied inside the leandvb src apps folder

also copy seperately the " ldpc_tool " from the ldpc folder to your home directory ,

(make it visible in your home directory)

also copy seperately the " leandvb" inside the apps or source from leansdr to home folder