Lost Config.txt Settings

• Hello together,
    after receiving my Pluto last Week I tried to set a new IP Adress for the USB-Ethernet Connector.
    After mod the config.txt in the USB_Eth Area like this

[USB_ETHERNET]

ipaddr_eth = 192.168.2.88

netmask_eth = 255.255.255.0

gateway_eth = 192.168.2.88

I save the config and eject the USB Device. After the EJECT I found a file called ipaddr-usb0 on the root path of
    the pluto system.
    All seems ok like manuals and other information about setup schows.
    But after switching the power of, all settings were lost.
    How can I set this IP for USB_Eth forever?

Regards
    Thorsten

• here my config.txt with a fix LAN-IP 192.168.0.25 and Router IP 192.168.0.1 (FritzBox)

I hope this could help:

[NETWORK]

hostname = pluto

ipaddr = 192.168.0.25

ipaddr_host = 192.168.0.1

netmask = 255.255.255.0

[WLAN]

ssid_wlan =

pwd_wlan =

ipaddr_wlan =

[USB_ETHERNET]

ipaddr_eth = 192.168.0.12

[SYSTEM]

xo_correction =

udc_handle_suspend = 0

[ACTIONS]

diagnostic_report = 0

dfu = 0

reset = 0

calibrate = 0

• May I ask what version of Pluto you are using? On mine I have found that the IP address can be found in 2 different locations when using an SSH connection, I use 0303 so how much it differs between versions I am not sure.

1) is in /www/config.txt This on mine does not show the correct settings in-fact shows 192.168.1.8, mine operates on 192.168.1.32.

2) is in /mnt/jffs2/etc/config.txt

This number 2) is the one that needs to be set on my Pluto for it to work and is the config.txt file that is the original analog device one.

after connecting to the Pluto via SSH terminal

cd /mnt/jffs2/etc

ls this is to list the files and I show: -

config.txt dropbear settings-datv.txt settings.txt strategy.json

cat config.txt to display the contents, if you wish to change the USB ETHERNET address this is where I would do it.

I use nano config.txt and edit the file while is SSH terminal cntrl X and y and y to save the file and exit.

I think as I have done going through all the updates from one version to another I have left over settings in various places, perhaps I need to do a complete start from scratch using 0.32 firmware and the DFU process, but that is for another day.

As an aside to this I have just help another user this evening with a corrupt Pluto so had to go through the DFU process to recover it. It was found that if we jump straight in and install version 0201 firmware that we could not use the Windows method of configuring it as you would a USB drive, the config.txt would not hold, we had to back track and go back to the analog devices 0.32 firmware again, then change the ip address within config.txt, which would then stay put when powered off and back on before installing version 0201.

Sorry this reply is a long one and I hope you did not fall asleep in reading it, hope it helps but make yourself aware of how to recover things with the DFU routine. I have used this 4 or 5 times myself with playing around and messing things up.

Adrian

• Hi I try it now via SSH to set this settings you made.
    Editing the config.txt via explorer does not get the results I want.
    After Editing and take off USB Device you see in the screenshot the failed_invalid_uboot_env file.

My config file is like this after editing

# Analog Devices PlutoSDR Rev.B (Z7010-AD9363)

# Device Configuration File

# 1. Open with an Editor

# 2. Edit this file

# 3. Save this file on the device USB drive

# 4. Eject the device USB Drive

# Doc: https://wiki.analog.com/univer…s/pluto/users/customizing

[NETWORK]

hostname = pluto

ipaddr = 192.168.2.1

ipaddr_host = 192.168.2.10

netmask = 255.255.255.0

[WLAN]

ssid_wlan =

pwd_wlan =

ipaddr_wlan =

[USB_ETHERNET]

ipaddr_eth = 192.168.178.76

[SYSTEM]

xo_correction =

udc_handle_suspend = 0

[ACTIONS]

diagnostic_report = 0

dfu = 0

reset = 0

calibrate = 0

But after reboot the settings are set back to default

• Hi, I had sometimes the same effect.

I found that the problems are solved under linux, when the "sync" command is used in a console, and then exit the drive.

It happend rare, but shit happens... ;)

55 73 Jörg

• In your windows explorer, can you make it so that you see the extensions of the files, i.e. so it does not hide the .txt and make sure that these extensions are as expected.

As I work from Linux it is difficult to remember all the Windows differences, and I just wish to check that the config file is 'config.txt'

Adrian

• BTW here are my Settings with Firmware etc

device-fw v0.31-4-g9ceb-dirty hdl 2018_r2 buildroot v0.20-13868-gd8216-dirty linux xcomm_zynq-2013-04-19-394535-g387d58-dirty u-boot-xlnx v0.20-PlutoSDR-13-ga2f86

• The above is what I have in mine as well as using the version 0303 F5OEO DATV firmware. So a lot may depend on who's DATV firmware and what version of that you are using. As diferent authors could use different config files?

As I like to play and test I tend to upgrade/update and try and work out how things work, as said sometimes I end up using the DFU process to get things back to working again.

Looking at the above I think I am at a later stage official analog devices firmware than yourself, so lets see if anyone with the same as yourself can help.

• I am having the same issue. The file is written in the EEPROM of the Pluto as I can re-open it and see my changes. But upon reboot those files seem to be replaced with a copy of the unmodified version of the file. I'm also having an issue updating firmware as well by putting a copy of the updated firmware in this directory. It is supposed to see a new firmware and begin the update process. This too fails.

I don't see that anyone has found a resolution, so I was just asking again to be sure.

Thank you so much.

SOLVED:
    apparently the trick is to EJECT the Pluto based drive after editing the CONFIG file and writing to it. Once I did an EJECT it worked perfectly!
    I suspected it to be a WINDOWS issue and this procedure made it work.

• Hello,

I'm going to do a second attempt.

I have the OTG cable with extra power, I also have a OTG cable with no extra power.

I have a USB to Ethernet adapter

The pluto is not connecting to the network, the blue light from the power is on, the second blue light is blinking always.

In the attachment I post my settings in my config file.

All help welcome.

73 - Rudi - ON7CL

• Hi Rudi,

please check what chip is inside of your ethernet adapter.

More info about the supported chip types see here:

https://wiki.analog.com/univer…otg_host_function_support

To modify the config.txt of my Pluto I'm using the firmware of F5OEO Version 0303 and my Internet browser, calling the IP of my Pluto.

Then select "System" - "Setup" - "Pluto Settings".

There is a short description:

This section read and save the "/mnt/jffs2/etc/config.txt" file. Take care of your modifications before applying them. Some modifications may make your equipment inaccessible from the network. To apply, please reboot (control button further down the page).

At least "Apply Settings" and "Reboot" the Pluto.

That's all.

Hope this could help.

vy 73 de Rolf -DJ7TH- QTH Schwanau JN38VI

Edited 3 times, last by DJ7TH ().

• Hello,

This is the info:

http://www.winsat.net/products/ga508

Specifications:

1. Material Aluminum Alloy+ABS

2. Chip: RTL8153B, adopt imported chip, low Power consumption

3. Standard USB 3.0 port, RJ45 port support 10/1000M Ethernet transmission, 9-core cable, stranded tinned oxygen-free copper conductor TPE soft outer cover

4. High-quality aluminum alloy, double highlight chamfering, frosted shell.

5. Standard USB3.0 port, plug and play

6. Compatible with Win7/8/10,Mac OS,Linux,Vista system.

7.No drivers required for Win8/10

73 - Rudi

• Hi Rolf,

Now my pluto is conneted via usb to the pc and the sdr console is doing the rest, it works very good.

When I connect the pluto via the OTG and USB to ethernet I cannot see the pluto in the network ;(

I know little from network etc, but I try :)

73 - Rudi

• ok, I see.

It seems to be an ethernet controller problem.

Can you connect it directly to Plutos USB-Port and sypply the Pluto with 5V via the second USB-Port?

Pluto then switch the 5V to the USB-Port of the etherent controller and you dont need an OTG cable.

I'm using this cheap ethernet controller:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…r_list.0.0.21ef1802n3OqCk