First QO 100 test tx

• Hi,

My proposal is to use the hardware solution (GPSDO) instead of software one as you have it.

OK, thanks George. Now please DO NOT take this as me arguing or disagreeing with you, but that poses a question as to how these options might have people operating on two different frequencies from what they think. Those locked to a GPSDO for RX and TX and those locked to GPSDO for TX and the beacon, via the SDR Console for RX.

Is this a genuine concern, or am I being unduly concerned? I assume most people consider to TX on a basic frequency, not something random, and as such if you assume they are on a "basic frequency" it's easier to tune them in with say 50kHz steps. But if they are not actually on say a 50kHz step, you then have to fiddle about, bringing properly into tune.

We have an expression in English, "being anal", meaning worrying about trivial matters and making too much of them. Am I being anal? :) Tell me straight George ;)

• Hi,

I am not absolutely sure about your point.

So I will try. I believe that QO100 gives new ways of consindering ham radio communication. In early ham radio HF days Tx and Rx rigs was separated. This is similar to having a separate uplink and downlink in QO100. But it is operational. Later HF transceivers had large VFO drifting relative to modern ones. But stable design permits now narow data modes. The most HF operators here compare QO100 to a VHF repeater. My point is there a nice bird in the sky. We use it just as a SSB repeater? Ham radio is just a free channel? Now a child can communicate with his phone along the world. What is our added value to today communication world community? A few Hertz's in stability? We have a gift in the sky. How we use it to give back to world community that gives us the frequencies?