Adalm Pluto Remote Connection

• There are many possibilities I guess... With stock firmware;

If you use WIFI, you can configure your router/modem to explode your device to internet (using NAT/PAT). Wifi interface gets the default GW to be the access point (your modem/router)

73's de OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris

• Thank you.
    I think the Pluto with stock firmware filters the traffic from different subnets, so you can't foward the pluto port (33431) directly to internet.

You can see the solution here: https://wiki.analog.com/univer…luto/devs/port_forwarding

What I want is to change this filter rules to accept other subnets traffic.

• Thank you.
    I think the Pluto with stock firmware filters the traffic from different subnets, so you can't foward the pluto port (33431) directly to internet.

You can see the solution here: https://wiki.analog.com/univer…luto/devs/port_forwarding

What I want is to change this filter rules to accept other subnets traffic.

If you have a machine that is in the same subnet as the pluto, and also connected to your VPN, you can do something like this:
    You should have an IP configuration similar to this (VPN IPs would be different):

Pluto has IP 192.168.2.1
    PC1 in the same subnet has two IPs: a local one 192.168.2.2, and a VPN one 10.0.0.1
    PC2 anywhere in the world, but connected to the same VPN has IP 10.0.0.2

If you have access to PC2, you can run this command:

Code
    ssh -nNT -L 30431:192.168.2.1:30431 user@10.0.0.1

The "user" above, should be a valid username present on PC1, not on the pluto.

Then you can use "ip:127.0.0.1" as an IIO device in any software that connects to Pluto.

• Hello,

My pluto cannot connect to the network.

I followed the instructions from DD1US Mathias.

I bought following items:

USB 2.0 OTG adapter cable with external power input and a usb-ethernet adapter

I changed the config.txt as discribed.

I also saw a video that is posted over that item.

I also filled in a IP adres in [USB_ETHERNET], even with a blank IP adress it's not working.

USB connection pluto to pc and SDRconsole is working ok.

All help is welcome

• If you download this trusted and free IP address scanner does it find and show the IP address of the ethernet to USB adaptor? If so that's the address you should use. If it can't see it either the ethernet connect is faulty or the ethernet to USB adaptor is faulty or not getting power. I am no expert, but when I got an adaptor that would not work this is how I isolated the problem. Analog Devices web site lists which adaptor chip sets it recommends as compatible. Good luck!

https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

• I am getting outside my comfort zone here, but I know many of these OTG adaptors do not carry data on pins you might expect them to, only power, as I tested a few. You need to work out which connections only need power, and which need data, and make sure the OTG Y connector is able to do what's required. They seem to differ, plus the wires are like hairs and probably copper coated aluminium junk. I had trouble with junk Chinese USB cables for this application as well. Bit of a minefield... :( The ethernet to USB for the Pluto seems fickle.

• Tnx for your input, the ethernet to usb is working when direct connect into the usb port of my pc, I think the OTG adapter cable is faulty, the power side i working, but the data side not I think.

If anyone has suggestions where to buy a good OTG cable with power lead let me know.

• Testing a new cable is easy if you buy some break out boards that allow you to plug a mini or micro USB connector on and it brings its pins to a workable sized PCB. As to where to buy one I can't help, sorry. I got mine off eBay, but to get one that worked I did buy a few different ones, it's a bit of a lottery....

Perhaps you can get USB connectors with flying leads and make your own bespoke one?

• I am sure you don't want this but you put the pluto in the DMZ in your router and everyone can use the pluto when they know your home ip adres..

I have my pluto now connected thru a raspberry with has also a good firewall

But the best solution would be a VPN connection between your remote station and your home network.

Its a pity Amsat dl won't permit remote operated stations on the qo100..

Benno

• Hi rudi,

Maybe better to do a QSO or whatsapp phone call..

I really think you over simplify a simple network issue...

And still I really think you may not understand the risc your getting in...

Send me an email with a whatwapp number so we use dutch for a phone call..

Thanks

Benno

• Hi Rudy,

I have my Pluto connected via SofEther, and can access it with SDR Console from wherever I want.

Just install the SoftEther server on the LAN where your Pluto is connected, and the SoftEther client on your remote PC.

Once the client is connected to the server, your server LAN will become visible on your remote PC, and provided you have enough bandwidth, everything works as a breeze, without any IP reconfiguration.

Plus you have a free domain name with a dynamic DNS update.

Greetings and 73's

Erik

ON4PB