attaching Minitiouner to SF8008

• While playing with BATC Portsdown I decided to run it on my ubuntu linux to get rid of Minitiouner Windows software (I don't have a proper M$ windows setup)...

It worked like a charm.. Thanks to all developers..

Then I decided to run the programs on my SF8008 to get rid of auto tune and not being anle to tune to weak signals.... And it went flawlesly as well.. As both raspberry pi and SF8008 has similar ARM MCUs I even didn't need to re-compile tha packets.

Steps to get Minitouner and SF8008 working together :

1) Copy longmynd folder from your raspberry portsdown installation to SF8008

2) Run the longmynd to stream a UDP stream and also a local ts stream (e.g. for QO-100 beacon with a 9362500 Khz IF LNB)

./longmynd -i 192.168.1.4 1234 -s longmynd_status_fifo -p h -r -1 -S 0.5 1129055 1500

(don't forget to change the frequency for your setup, e.g. for 9750MHz IF)

3) 192.168.1.4 is my PC IP.. with VLC I can watch the stream.. also on the device I prepared a symlink to longmynd_main_ts as a ts file to watch it lcoally.. or install vlc plugin.. or IPTV plugin.. whichever you prefer..

What can be added :

- easy remoting (web interface or pc software to send channel/frequency/symbolrate)

- a simple application to select channel

- a similar Interface to Minitouner Windows on SF8008

Any comments are welcome..

OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris DINC

• Baris,

tnx for great info. I got this error:

It seems, longmynd wants to write into a file, so i created fifo longmynd_status_fifo , is that the way to go? The start looks ok now:

But i don't see the stream on my vlc. What is the correct command to open the stream in vlc?

EDIT: udp://@:1234 . It works!

Martin

• HB9SKA

Changed the title of the thread from “attaching Minitouner to SF8008” to “attaching Minitiouner to SF8008”.
  • mkfifo longmynd_status_fifo

Yes, that's what i did.

I hoped it runs on my linux based gigablue receiver, but no joy, the architecture is very different. Maybe i should buy a octagon.... For now, I'm happy being able to run it on a headless raspberry3 and watch it via UDP on my linux machine. Will also try to run it on an old raspberry 1 (or is it a 2? ) to see if that works. Now , if someone could set up a remote ....

73, Martin

• I think it should work any linux that supports udev and required FTDI modules installed.....

But for your settopbox you should check the cpu architecture.. you may need to crosscompile the longmynd for that.... but it should work...

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris DINC