OPENATV QO-100 WB Spectrum Plugin

• hallo martin, mit filezilla per lan in die box einloggen (passwort im menu der box vergeben!) dann findest du diese datei in > home/root/logs <, weiters brauchst du im verzeichnis usr/lib den ordner >python 3.9< dieser muß dort sein wenn du openatv 7.0 installiert hast, bei älteren versionen ist noch python 2.7 drauf und dann chrashed die box, ich hatte das auch und baris half mir bei der fehlereingrenzung, bei mir läuft es jetzt prima auf der octagon sf8008 sowie auf der gigablue uhd ue 4k, schau mal welche version du hast!!

@ michel, hb9dug derzeit hast du nur die graphische anzeige im plugin von baris, er arbeitet noch heftig daran, du kannst seine tolle arbeit in github verfolgen, hab mal per python-edit in seine plugin-datei geschaut...........na bumm, alles bahnhof für mich...hihi, hab es grad geschaft die farbe der grafik für meine verhältnisse anzupassen, jetzt schaut es gleich aus wie beim batc!

vy 73 de oe6mue, om mike aus graz (leute entschuldigt aber ich tu mir mit englisch etwas schwer, darum hier auf deutsch)

• @ martin dm4im, hast du den >websocket< installiert, wie baris es vorgibt? deine internetverbindung zur box steht? bei mir hat es nur wie folgt funktioniert: einloggen mit putty per ssh dann > opkg update < und dann >opkg install python3-websocket-client< eingeben!!!

die installation muß fehlerfrei funktionieren sonst chrashed die box auch (bei mir wars jedenfalls so) 73 de oe6mue

• Oh well, ~/logs was not the place i was looking for the log, i searched them in /var... where they usually are. Thanks for the advice.

That is the log. The websocket seems ok:

Any idea what could've gone wrong? Thanks

• @martin dm4im : meinen meinung nach sind hier deine websocket-probleme !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) 21:48:37.4656 socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

2.) 21:48:37.4744 websocket._exceptions.WebSocketAddressException: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

was ich im netz gefunden habe >socket.gaierror weist auf einen "invalid hostname" hin, was immer das bedeuten mag?!

da ich absolut kein pyhton spezialist bin bleibt nur zu warten was baris dazu meint, oder jemand anders hat einen tip, 73 de oe6mue

• @martin dm4im: habe jetzt absichtlich bei meiner gigablue das internet weggenommen und die box beim aufrufen des plugins durch schnelles hin und herschalten mit den tasten links/rechts chrashen lassen ! bei open atv 7.0 steht der "enigma2_chrash_log" so wie ich gesagt habe in "home/root/logs" drinnen !! wenn der blue screen kommt steht das auch so am bildschirm wenn mann schnell genug hinsieht! ebenso mit dem hinweis das die box erst beim 3.ten chrash neu startet und den logtext reinschreibt! 73 de mike

• oh2uds

Does your plugin use a satellite profile ? If Yes which one ?

73 de Michel, HB9DUG

No it does not use any satellite profile. The spectrum is coming from BATC services via websocket.

I have my own frequency definition inside the code (frequencies, etc.) to make it portable on any settopbox..... But not sure if I will need a satellite definition/transponder definiiton somehow.. I will inform you back soon

73'de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris DINC

• Well, the gigablue does not appear as a network device in my internet-router, which is strange, because i have internet ( i can watch ip-tv) . But it is located behind a extra router, a old FritzBox that serves as a DECT-Repeater, and never got a DHCP address. It has a static address instead. The Internet router does not list this address or device. Maybe that is the cause of the problem. I will inverstigate this.

Thanks.

• looks like the device is not able to do domain name translation.. Please chack that your box has a valid DNS entry and a proper connection.. you can try to ping servers from your box

for example:

ping eshail.batc.org.uk

• Ok, the network settings where f****d up, now corrected.

root@gbquad:~/logs# ping eshail.batc.org.uk

PING eshail.batc.org.uk (185.83.169.27): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 185.83.169.27: seq=0 ttl=56 time=49.304 ms

This network issue seems to be solved

The crash is different now:

• maybe you are using a version that has "more" bugss.... wait for a while, I will do a new release..

• Hello Baris,

I asked the question regarding the sat file for the following reason :

I use a Bullseye LNB that I don't want to modify. To bring back the QO-100 frequencies in the range of the SF8008 tuner, I use a converter called SUP-2400 (https://home.swissatv.ch/2013/12/lnb-avenger-et-convertisseur-sup-2400/) .

Unfortunately it reverses the frequency...

IN 250-750 MHz OUT 2150-1650 MHz LO 2400 MHz

So your plugin will be the place once working to modify to do the math for me !

73 qro de michel, hb9dug

• Hallo Baris,

Thanks for the great works.

I’m using a Gigablue HD Ultra UE with openATV 7.0 installed.

Installed the websocket with Filezilla and simpy use the Filecommander Plugin below openATV copies your files to the correct folder.

I had to change the plugin with the extension .py to .py3

I can’t expain why,but it works.

I’m looking forward to the next version.

73 de OE5HDM

• Hi All,

I was very busy this week at work, so I didn't have time to work on this plugin when I am at home....

For the frequency definitions I was planning to make it hard coded into the plugin that people can modify if needed.

But then I decided to make it a predefined transponder and satellite channels (bouqet) definition and add it to system when installed. This way everybody can go and edit transponder/bouqets according to their setup.

e.g if they are using a modified LNB or a different IF frequency. (like Michel's hb9dug situation)

Any comments on this are welcome...

• hello baris, thank you very much for your efforts, I also think that your decision is the right one, the way with the bouquets should be the much "easier" one (even if I have no idea about programming) everyone can then adjust their bouquets as they wish, the creation according to the band plan is easy and works on all enigma2 boxes, i created these bouquets for my gigablue 4k and for the octagon sf8008 with the soft dreamboxEdit and imported them into both boxes under "favorites", according to the current band plan there are currently 45 in total frequencies !!!

if you need the current list I sent it in the attachment

I also changed the graph refresh time in your plugin (from 3000ms to 1000ms) as a test, works fine, do you think that can be a problem?

stay health, vy 73 de oe6mue, om mike from graz

• baris, as a small comment, i noticed that you have 46 frequency bars in the plugin, something has shifted in the upper rows and doesn't match the band plan that has 45 positions, please don't take that as a criticism, i just noticed it, vy 73 de oe6mue