Portable QO-100 Transceiver

• Hi all,

A few months ago I started a Portable QO-100 transceiver project. I already presented it on Opensat Cubesat Workshop 2020.

The project is going on very slow but there are some improvements that I wanted to share here so we can maybe continue on the project with all your help.

A brief description about the project can be found in the following presentation :

https://github.com/barisdinc/S…reOSCW2020_barisdinc.pptx

Now here is a working demo for the reception part.

https://youtu.be/ttV4EAqNRC4

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris

• And this is the second video with ADF4351 as a 1.1GHz Local Oscillator...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My goal for this weekend is to have it all in a tiny box....

Baris

OH2UDS/TA7W

• Yess... and i am back again..

Last night I did some experiments for the transmission part of out tiny project.

I was able to accomplish a CW QSO with DF2ET df2et

My setup was

- an arduino + lcd + a keypad

- adf4531 frequency generator

- SKT65xx 1W amplifier

- 30Meters of RF cable

- a poty with dish

- an arduino sketch based on F1CJN and Guido's (uSDX) code

Current capabilities

- Can generate 2.4GHz uplink signals (1Khz steps for now, can go below as well)

- Have memory save/recall capabilities (10 channels)

- Have 10 CW message memory tha t you can shoose from menu and transmit

- 1 watt (guestimate) output

- works with 5V USB

Later to come soon:

- port GUIDO's SSB approach from uSDX and si5351 to ADF4531

73's de OH2UDS / TA7W

Baris

• Hi Baris,

thank you for the CW QSO. Was a little drifty with a 500Hz CW filter but I managed to follow your transmission with small adjustments. Found your signal accidentially while browsing the waterfall. You were in the middle of the SSB part of the bandplan. I think if you called in the CW part 505-540 you would have had a few more callers :) The CW skimmer might have detected your there and spotted.

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

• Yes, I know that I was in the SSB part, because I was trying to show my friends from TA there I can get on to the bird with a minimal station.. Then while having the QSO with you I implemented the CW messenger on the radio (arduino).... I was not using a keyer but arduino code to transmit.. That's why I was late answering your.. Each reply I sent you, I had to compile it into the code and retune to the frequency...

after your QSO I implemented/completed the CW message memories and storing/retrieving memory channels :)

best regards and 73's

de OH2UDS / TA7W

Baris

• Hi Baris,

alright then. I was slow in switching back to SSB and re-tuning. I think Kadri TA1D was there in SSB trying to call me in the meantime. But when I was ready he/you had switched to Turkey and I did not call :)

But interesting that I had a QSO with a pre-compiled machine :D Nevertheless it worked perfectly. The signal was absolutely 599 with some drift as I said. I should have used a wider filter instead I guess.

vy73 de Florian DF2ET