My setup progress (YO8SEP)

• Hi,

I'm YO8SEP and I've started building my setup for QO-100.

I've started this thread to keep track of my progress and problems I encounter.

It will be based on Adalm Pluto with 0.5ppm TXCO + CN0417 driver + attenuator + (later) SG Lab 20w PA feeding a Poty or Helix (depending on local materials).

Antenna will be a 90cm offset + LNB PLL (txco or sdr-console locked) + BiasT. I might add later a 740Mhz band pass filter and/or attenuator if needed.

vy 73,

YO8SEP

Petronel

• This weekend I got an 60cm offset and a LNB and did some RX tests.

As expected, the temperature drift makes it unusable for digital modes. This LNB uses RDA3567 and has 2 outputs, so it will be possible to mod it to add an external reference. One other option is to replace the 25MHz quartz with a TCXO.

73 Petronel

YO8SEP

• Even a TCXO is not stable within the LNB!

And there is a lack of space in the LNB, it needs a lot of soldering skills to get this done.

Preferred solution is to feed the 25MHz via cable, preferred LNB has min. two outputs, use one of these to feed the 25MHz. I use a ferrite bead as a transformer as suggested somewhere in this forum.

TCXO or later GPSDO can be placed in temperated shack 8)

• I will remove the Quartz and the 2 capacitors. Remove solder from one of the F connector and add 25Mhz. Can you give me more details about the ferrite bead transformer ?

73 Petronel

YO8SEP

Hi Petronel.

There are others threads too.

73!

PY1SAN

GG77

• Today I made my very first QSOs (FT8) on QO-100 with a temporary setup, almost portable.

Adalm-Pluto (0,5ppm TXCO and metal case) + CN0417 (20db) + 3 turns Helix + 60-65cm Offset in a portable setup.

SDR Console with beacon lock for RX.

I will try Poty soon and hope to move everything to final location.

Next week I might try to activate "KN14".

THANK YOU all for QSOs

vy 73,

YO8SEP

Petronel

• My Pluto with SDR console and WSJT-X is working ok, displaying the RX frequency 10.489.540.000Hz.

But the generated adif log from WSJT-X has band:3cm and it should be 13cm and RX on 3cm.

Is there a way to setup WSJT-X or Log4OM to create the proper adif file ?

YO8SEP