Es'hail-2 beacon frequency (non-amateur)

• Good to see the updates, I live in a apartment and want to use a sat signal finder to point the dish, does anyone know the Symbol rate as this is required to be entered in the sat finder.

Es'hail-2 according to the last keps has not yet reached the final position of 26°E.

If you have to point the dish look for one of these satellite transponders already operating at 26°E.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Badr-4-5-6-7.html

Ciao, Lucio

• Dear Folks,

I am kind of confused. Trying to find tbe engineering beacon without succes on my 1,8 meter dish with Kuhne downconverter. I can get Arabsat Horizontal flawlessly....

Now I see this huge beacon carrier on 1341,000 IF that would mean:

a) the LO of my Kuhne is not 9360 but 9365 MHz ?

b) I discovered another strong beacon on 10701.000 that is no on my list of all sats in the 20-30 degrees east reagion.

Any help out here ? Wanted to use Al Jazeerah on Eshail-1 as reference but the beam does not cover Europe. Hard time aligning the dish... Astra 3 and Astra 2 booming signals and then in the middle :)

Pedro ON7WP

• Official Post

Hi Pedro,

Standard ASTRA PLL LNB has LO = 9750 MHz

KUHNE TCXO LNB has LO = 9360 MHz

10706 MHz - 9360 MHz = 1346 MHz with Kuhne LNB

When you point your dish to 24,2°E you should see a strong beacon with your 1.8m dish right now.

Es'hail-2 will be located in January/February at 26°W, same position as BADR 4/5/6. BADR 4 has a wider beam and can also be received here in Germany.

Hope this helps.. 73s Peter

• Thanks all, finally found the bird after re-assuring my LNB LO was on 9360 using my 10 GHz transverter :)

But still curious what beacon I spotted on 10701.000 As the signal varied it must be something inclined I guess, but not on my list.

Pedro ON7WP

• With 1.8 m dish of course the pointing is very important.

The satellite is not yet at 26e, it is at 24.2e. So turn the dish west a little bit.

Watch for 10.706 or 11.205 not all those other freqs that usually are local spurious or sigs from other satellites...

Also the signal from the amateur transponder is really strong. On my 80cm dish with unmodified cheap Chinese LNB I get 50dB signal/noise when the transponder is driven to (near) saturation with a single carrier. You should be able to receive it on a campingdish.

• Official Post

Hi Raf!

for now, this is the only thing to receive from Es'hail-2: the beacons on 10706 MHz and 11205 MHz. Judging from your screenshot, you are in the right ballpark concerning signal levels. Be reminded, that the satellite will eventually move to 26E after completion on the in orbit testing and AMSAT-DL will still need to do some work on the hamradio part.. thank you all for your patience!

73s Achim

• Hi Raf!

for now, this is the only thing to receive from Es'hail-2: the beacons on 10706 MHz and 11205 MHz. Judging from your screenshot, you are in the right ballpark concerning signal levels. Be reminded, that the satellite will eventually move to 26E after completion on the in orbit testing and AMSAT-DL will still need to do some work on the hamradio part.. thank you all for your patience!

73s Achim

Hi Achim, regarding the frequencies and the position of these two beacon from the first day I have doubts not yet resolved.

I have a fixed dish, 100 cm, at 26°E and I receive these two beacon with very, very low signal.

But when the radio transpoders tests started, NB and WB, I received very strong signals on both the amateur transponders.

My accounts do not come back. My suspicion is that those two beacons belong to another satellite with a position below 24°E

Otherwise I do not explain why radio transponders arrive so strong even if my dish is at 26°E

Is there an explanation, a fact that escapes me?

73, Lucio

• The transponders were very strong, much stronger than those beacons.

So it is possible that you received them well even with your antenna off-pointed.

However I am sure that the satellite is not at 26e, I could clearly check that during the transponder tests and my receive of the beacons, the peak signal strength is at the same location and it is around 24.2e.

Note that there is another satellite which sends a beacon at 10706 (not exactly the same frequency) at 26e so you can be confused by that too. When you view that on your SDR you will see the modulation is not the same as what everyone shows for Es'hail-2.

• What is this stuff never seen before?

Do you also receive it?

10492700 H +/-

test jamming???

Hello, I am currently receiving the two beacons 10706 and 11205 much weaker than in previous days. Certainly because of the current position and orientation of the satellite. I have no trace in the spectrum on 10492.7 MHz.pointed at 24 °.

• Hi Remco,

dealing with Mr. Bessel I guess... At certain data deviation levels the central carrier disappears, what happens here.

I was puzzled by SP9VFD who is apparently watching the 11205V beacon with his Kuhne LNB. No idea how he does this, as mine drops off rapidly above 10,7 GHz.

In this context, I ordered a few of these other German PLL LNb's as well as the Dutch LNB advertised on the Ijsselstein ATV website to compare how they are performing looking at this bird.

For the uplink story, I will be using 4 moxon's mounted around the Kuhne LNB, thus keeping the phase center in the middle. CP is made by moving two of them 1/4 wavelength forward, matching with two paralleled 50 ohms semirigids.

Pedro ON7WP

PS for those impatient ones...to keep you busy: tremendous tropo over France...