Sternwarte Bochum: Wie der Mond nach Bochum kam

• Official Post

die Sternwarte Bochum ist ja nun seit einigen Jahren auch die Heimat der AMSAT-DL, nachdem sie von Marburg hier hingezogen ist. Welche historische Geschichte der Standort hat, vom ersten Empfang von Sputnik im Westen, bis zum Empfang der ersten Mondlandung mit der 20m-Antenne. kann man in dieser Dokumentation nacherleben:

Teil 1:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Teil 2:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Teil 3:

Teil 4:

Teil 5:

Viel Spaß!

• Official Post

ground support for the Apollo missions

In dieser Stereo-MP3-Datei ist die Originalaufnahme der Aussendung von APOLLO 11 aus Bochum auf dem rechten Kanal und die NASA Net 1 Aufnahme (aufgenommen in Honeysuckle, aber von Goldstone kommend) ist auf dem linken Kanal.

https://www.honeysucklecreek.n…1_Landing_Bochum_Net1.mp3

Die Sternwarte Bochum hat mit dem 20-Meter-Spiegel direkt vom Mond empfangen, deswegen hört man auf dem rechten Kanal die Bodenstation und deren Roger-Beep auch nicht.. :thumbup:

• Mein deutsch is sehr schlecht, but just to say, Wow, great find. I was lucky enough to visit both Parkes and the Canberra DSN a few years ago, and yes I have seen DSS-46 "in the flesh" I have some 2286 pictures that were taken on that trip....

• It is an interesting story! I watched it on my shiny new "smart TV" yesterday :)

Those events are before my time, I just have a faint memory of watching a later moonlanding/walk in school class where a TV had just been installed for educational use.

It appears that in those days several groups were active to receive the signals from the first space adventures and the press mostly consulted them instead of direct sources (especially for Russian material).

E.g. the Kettering group in the UK, Sven Grahn in Sweden and the Judica-Cordiglia brothers in Italy.