NB passband monitoring

• Just for fun, trying a small antenna today in JN86PQ. Its is a 20dB horn, indoors behind a double glazed window. Can copy a few ssb stations. CW beacon is easy copy and have managed 5/74 good CRC blocks off the PSK beacon. FEC blocks are solid copy.

Charlie HA/G3WDG

• Official Post

It is probably a phenomenon of our time that even intelligent people today pull themselves up on such things and deceive themselves and others.

Is it our "gravestone" that urgently needs psychological help, or is it the RTTY station that dilettantely pretends to be a military signal to itself and others? Yes yes-- "target" found... Unfortunately, he probably revealed himself by his sidebands of the mixer and CW identifier.

Sometimes I wonder what "goes on" in such heads when they look at their own nonsensical signal for hours...

But in the end amateur radio is only a mirror image of a society that possesses better and faster means of communication, but loses the "communication" capability between people more and more.

Since the advent of FT8, SSB activity on the short wave has declined noticeably, I have been told. Only the machines are talking between them..

When you walk through the city, all people have a smartphone in front of their nose, in the metro, even in the restaurant and at the bar, these people no longer talk to each other.

On QO-100 you sometimes see more SSTV/Fax/Packet and other "low communication" signals than SSB... I hope QO-100 is not 10 years too late in this respect! ;)

Reach-out more for the microphone!

• On QO-100 you sometimes see more SSTV/Fax/Packet and other "low communication" signals than SSB... I hope QO-100 is not 10 years too late in this respect! ;)

Reach-out more for the microphone!

If SSTV/Fax/Packet are „low communication“ signals: Are there examples for other „high communication“ signals than SSB? I am very confused with this statement ...

• Official Post

If SSTV/Fax/Packet are „low communication“ signals: Are there examples for other „high communication“ signals than SSB?

DL3DCW Where did I exactly say that?

You are putting something into my mouth that I've never said... so far to communication... ;)

Just to be clear: I have not said that I see SSTV/Fax/Packet as "low communication". I have also not said that SSB or anything else is "high communication".

I simply referred to "other" signals. e.g. continuous loops, wild carriers, pirates, spurious signals, etc..

Sometimes people tend to read something out of written words, what they want to read and not what someone else actually wrote or meant..

I personally like digital modes, I was one of the first packet radio users and developers in Germany. I've received one of the first TNC-1 kits from T.A.P.R., among other things. But that's long ago..

• also as "RYRYRY DE QO4FUN" with 50 baudot on 620,

uplink QRG not stable, is constantly corrected irregularly ...

hello Peter, I'm preparing the station, in fact I had noticed these phenonemes in the past while I was listening I agree with what you say

Roberto

• You are putting something into my mouth that I've never said... so far to communication... ;)

Sorry Peter, then i misunderstood your posting. Terms like „SSB activity on the short wave has declined noticeably“, „Only the machines are talking between them“, „more SSTV/Fax/Packet and other "low communication" signals than SSB“ and „Reach-out more for the microphone!“ gave me the impression that SSB is the only „true mode“. I really could not imagine that ... ;)