Posts by DD4YR

I have just installed the software completely new on my notebook.

I miss the TCP/UDP button, have only the TX button ?

Do I have to install additional drivers or software?

73´s de Robert

thats it 😀

Thank you!

Looks like the FT2232 from the AUX Port has a short cirquit and pull down the 3.3V supply . Its exact the area who was contaminated with water.

Have to remove the chip or the power supply of this chip to see more...

Robert

Lucio, tnx for the Link.

On the pin 1 and 2 of the Serit Module is no Voltage to measure.

I think the power failure/short is on the MiniTiouner board in the LNB voltage generation section.....

Robert

Hello,

during portable operation I have MiniTiouner Pro V2 DVB-S Receiver failure :(

What happened: After successful rx of the wb transponder with a 70cm offset all was ok.

Over night, some drops of water get on the cirquit board while power was on.

I dryed all well, and tried agn to receive with the result, there is no LNB output power. By powering the LNB with a bias-T the MiniTiouner works again well, but power consumption is about 0,8 A, (without LNB power), the LM2676 gets very hot, also the L1 and L2 very hot.

Still no LNB Voltage and power. Also LNB Voltage LED did not light.

Look like a short cirquit on the LNB line, but same effekt without connected LNB and Coax-Cable.

I have no cirquit diagramm of power line on the board from MiniTiouner Pro V2 ...

Any idea what can be happened (defect) on the board?

73´s from the sunny part of Istria, Croatia ...

Robert

wir sind uns doch alle einig, daß der Empfang des Transpondergrundrauschens, wenn es denn deutlich über dem des LNB

... nicht grundsätzlich. Auf dem WB Transponder wird der Rauschabstand bei größerem Spiegel immer besser. Ich sehe hier z.B. sogar zwischen 1,5m und 1,8m Spiegelgröße noch eine Verbesserung um gut 1 dB im SNR.

Mit anderen Worten: mit dem großen Spiegel kann ich schache Stationen decodieren was mit 1,2 nicht mehr möglich ist, obwohl auf dem 1,2m Spiegel auch noch das Transponderrauschen deutlich zu sehen ist.

Warum auch immer, erklären kann ich das nicht.. :)

73´s de Robert

Yes ...

feed for prime focus dish

feed for offset dish

so, with your LNB with feed for offset dish underilluminate the pf dish, you have a loss from some dB ...

73´s de Robert

Interresting solution of feed holder.

GFK ?

LNB looks like OCTAGON. Still with the original rill feed (for offset dish) ? Maybe not ideal for 0,4 f/D

Hard to tell but it looks like you are partially blocked from the satellite by the wall. If so, no easy solution but an alternative location for the dish. Further forward may help.

Mike

yes. Looks like on picutere above. Is there a balcony above?

take a look to the illumination and shadows from the sun at exact this time where the sun has the same azimuth as QO-100

https://www.sonnenverlauf.de/#…56,3/2020.05.11/07:32/1/3

73´s

Hallo Peter,

danke für die Rückmeldung. Wie schon befürchtet, ein Bedienungsfehler meinerseits ...

Jetzt schauts gut aus :)

Manchmal sieht man tatsächlich den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht ....

73´s de Robert

Hallo Martin,

ich habe hier ausschließich Zirkular. Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass das lineare Signal gerade zur selbst verwendeten Polarisation passt liegt bei wenigen Prozent. Wenn schon Umschalten, dann von Links- auf Rechtsdrehend. Wirkt sich zum Teil positiv aus, warum auch immer.

Rein linear polarisiert ist für einen kompletten Durchgang meist nicht ok.

73´s de Robert

Die Suchfunktion ist sogar ziemlich mächtig...

sorry Peter, in der Regel findet man mit dieser Suchfunktion kaum etwas aus dem Forum. Vermutlich bediene ich sie falsch, aber einfach einen Begriff eintippen reicht nicht. Die meisten Einträge in denen der Begriff vorkommt werden nicht angezeigt ... :(

Beispiel: HUAWEI und UMTS

Richtig, Lucio bemerkt richtigerweise, dass die Erwärmung stark von der Betriebsart abhängt.

Aber, nach Murphys Gesetz bleibt in einem unbeaufsichtigten Augenblick die PTT hängen und die PA läuft auf Dauerstrich in Höchstleistung vor sich hin ... :)

Aus diesem Grund haben alle meine PA´s einen 60°C Temperaturschalter der bei Überschreitung die PTT bzw. Stromversorgung abschaltet.

Man sollte auch für diese Fälle vorbeugen!

Ich hoffe das dies zur Wärmeabfuhr ausreicht.

Hallo Hartmut, ich fürchte das reicht nicht.

Soweit ich die Daten im Kopf habe, erzeugt die PA bis zu 20 Watt Wärmeleistung. Wenn man sich vor Augen hält, wie ein 20W Lötkolben heizt, und diese Wärme so abgeführt werden muss, dass er nicht über ca. 50 Grad warm wird (bei 30° Umgebungstemperatur im Sommer) kann man sich ein Bild machen wie schnell das schief gehen kann.

Eine meiner PA´s bei so einem kurzzeitigem Testbetrieb ohne ausreichende Kühlung schon gestorben.

Ich würde es nicht riskieren.

73´s de Robert

Is possible send DATV to QO-100 with Adalm-Pluto and the SG Labs 20 watts power amplifier? What is the recomended hadware for it?

No,

the SG Labs 20 Watt pa is not a DATV pa!

The operating point of the quiescent current must be increased for DATV for linearity. The power at DATV is then a maximum of 5 watts, you need a very large dish, 1.8m or larger to be able to transmit with small SR at all.