Posts by DD4YR

The trick here: the dish is a 1.8m offset antenna (Kathrein CAS 180) so that I probably can afford a few dB loss due to the fact that the uplink feed is a bit off the focal point.

Hi Geri,

tnx for the interesting picture and experience.

I think you have a second trick: Your Helix is very close near the LNB, and, in your 1,8m dish the focus is further away from the mirror than the smaller dish diameters. The offset error becomes smaler, i think, you are still in a part of the main lobe...

Let´s wait and see the results from Thomas and Markus

73 de Robert

Ich bin auch nicht so der Theoretiker mit Kurven und "Schischi", ich probier lieber aus. Wenn es dann nicht funktioniert, habe ich immerhin was dazugelernt. Und wenn es funktioniert, freue ich mich umso mehr. ;)

... klar, Thomas, da bin ich voll bei Dir und sehe das auch so.

Bin ja interessiert wie das geht. Die Theorie mit praktischen Versuchen zu untermauern ist immer gut!

73s derweil

Nochmal zum Thema zwei Antennen im Offset für 1 Satelliten benutzen...

Das 10 GHz Feed muss aufgrund der Schärfe der Bündelung zwingend im Brennpunkt der Parabolantenne montiert werden, sonst ist der Verlußt an Antennengewinn nicht mehr tragbar. Dies wiederum heißt, dass die Helix Antenne mehrere Grad im Offset des Brennpunktes betrieben werden muss.

Wie Achim an anderer Stelle schon angemerkt hat, kann man dabei je nach f/D durchaus schnell in die erste Dämpfung des Antennendiagrammes geraten und die EIRP in Richtung Satellit wird deutlich schlechter.

(Quelle Wikipedia Antennendiagramm Parabolspiegel)

73s de Robert

Hallo Thomas,

das Thema hatten wir doch schon einmal.

Idealerweise sollten beide Antennen im Fokus der Parabolantenne montiert sein.

Helix und 10GHz LNB über oder nebeneinander ist und bleibt ein Kompromiss.

Wenn überhaupt so montiert, dann sollte das 10GHz LNB im Fokus, also dem Originalfeedhalter bleiben, und die Helix im offset, da auf 2,4 GHz die Schielverlußte nicht so groß sind wie bei 10 GHz.

Gruß

Robert

In the link to dd1ku is a reference to a channel-list: QO-100.tar

This file is maybe old ? It does not work in my SF8008 because the channels are set to wrong frequencies and also to DVB-S instead of DVB-S2, DVB-S2 needs additional parameters which are not in this list.

Is there an update to this list available ?

I'm afraid you can not create a general receive list.
    My experiments have shown that the receiver always evaluates the service name in the SI tables. Only when it matches can a stored station be recalled repeatedly ...

any other experiences?

73 de Robert

Hallo Heiner, sounds easy.

Is it necessary to run the Minitioune Software to transport the stream from the Octagon SF8080 to the VLC?

finaly I will stream the video of the Octagon in an vMix input ... maybe without the Minitioune Software.

73s Robert

Hi,

I tried to stream the live image of the Octagon receiver to my PC via VLC media player, but I don't know how to do that. Did anyone figure out how to do something like that?

73 Robert

Well I’m not sure, but could also be leaves of the trees? I’m not sure if the tops of the trees are in the signal path.

73 de Ismo, oh1nhw

Hello Ismo,

try the Dishpointer App with your mobile phone, so you can see through the cam if you have free sight ...

https://www.dishpointer.com/

I can find in extremly situations during camping holes in the trees, and it works.

Here for example Hylas 1 at 33,5W ....

73s de Robert

So please, my dear friends, even if we are just amateurs, our goal should be to reach our opposite with the main lobe of our transmit power to be as effective as possible with radiant power ...
    And that includes clean radiation characteristics of our antenna systems ...

Yes, I can confirm KG-SSTV and also EasyPal.

Both digital picture transmissions ...

Center activity on 625.

I´m one of the transmitting (and receiving) stations .... ;)

Any questions?

73s de Robert