Posts by G4GVB

Thanks for the reply Mike, yes I meant trawling. What I mean by centre is a starting point, the SatPC32 takes care of the doppler, but its when tuning about its easy to get lost and its a quick way back to the starting point +or - doppler. I didn't write the config files, just using whats there.

I take your point about ERP.

Alan

Using SatPC32 and despite reading the manual and trolling the internet for an answer I've been unsuccessful.

When tuning around the passband (and outside by mistake) of a given satellite and wanting to return to the centre, how do you know what frequency the centre is? Am I missing some basic setup option.

Also what is the recommended ERP to throw at these satellites?

Thanks

I have a similar book and am working through it. Thanks for the link though. I think WA4SCA gave me the answer I was looking for regarding my original question. As for the other stuff that's come up in this thread, I'll look at those when I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Thanks all for your time and input.

My original question was:

I'm using SatPC32 and although I worked through CAS-4a and 4b only last week I see the frequencies don't appear when those satellites are selected. Can anyone tell me why?

I've only just started with satellites and with SatPC32. I'm like a fish out of water will all this stuff. I've been reading manuals, books on satellites, info on the net, and playing with SatPC32 and other software. So, I don't know what I want / need. You say put the first one in SatPC32, where?

Hi all, new here. Had the ticket 44 years, but just getting round to satellites (don't like to rush these things). I'm using SatPC32 and although I worked through CAS-4a and 4b only last week I see the frequencies don't appear when those satellites are selected. Can anyone tell me why? 73 Alan