Posts by ik4idy

A very effective attenuator for SSB is a feature almost all (modern) transceivers have: 'MIC GAIN' ; -)

Yes, I know. But with mic gain you have major risk to cook your converter if you forget to setup it when you come from terrestrial ssb ! :( Ok I guess you are saying :But it the same if you regulate power, if you forget to lower the power you have the same result... ok but I'm confident that this solution (regulate KW TS2000 power) is more secure than mic gain...

I'm oriented to reduce power like OE7DBH Darko has done in youtube video. ..But i've a power budget too high in 2 mt band. I've an idea for trying to reduce power on TS2000, on the settings. I'm not interested to have full power on 2 mt, and I have skills to try some adjustment on the hidden menu. If I will have good results, I will publish it in some way.

Yes Flo, you are right. Surely i keep the power under 0,5 W. It's an issue but we try to do this..;)

Many people built and assemble parts to be ready on Es'Hailsat-2 for TX. But there's still a question : Are you able to apply a power regulation to avoid

angry "Leila" on your signal ? In my opinion most of Oscar-G1 operators try to do this regulating power on the transceiver. May be a way. But there's some some difficulties because for example TS2000 has a 5 W minimum, power on VHF and UHF (may be 4 4,5 w).. For several devices you need to reduce power form 40 to 45 dB. If you want to do a regulation thru power regulator of TS2000. its clear that you need reduce more decibel. Same issue with the amplifier. The Surplus market usually provide amplifier that accept maximum 13 dBm. My BU500 has an output of 0,5 W (or more depending to the driver power). Another issue to solve, another attenuator to insert between amplifier stage and the converter.... Some one has solved theese issues or have find a solution ? I've some doubt about commercial systems too, but this is another story...

Es’hailSat said that Es’hail-2, based on the DS-2000 platform, features “sophisticated anti-jamming capabilities” for its Ka-band payload. This technology enables them to locate the Jammer with very high precision... =O

Hi Peter,

I've a question for you. Are Amsat control team able after commissioning to switch on or off the transponders ?

Thanks for answer.

Alex

On chart is very interesting, but yesterday night I have been tried to install in Windows 10. It't too much complex for windows environment, you need to do some steps, but it isn't a dummy proof installation ! Seems more easier using a linux distro, in fact theres more and punctual instruction for the installation. In windows it's very hard. Tryed to search treads with more simple instruction. Total failure.

If some one has more simple instruction are welcome !

73 de Alex

I'm bit frustrated due some issues to receive test DVB- S beacon at 11.270, Cannot receive with Minitiotune, and I don't know why. Signals from EB are so strong.

I Don't think is a pointing issue, starting have suspect on Minitiotuner Express.

But seems software works fine, the circuitry and the software passes all test.

Suggestion ? Hints ?

TU Alessio

Test channel 11.270 H 27500 sr

Cool, You have done a good job. Today I have been started Minitiouner Sw, with MiniTiuoner Express, but I wasn't able to decode signal. In this version I cannot see pads to able the LNB power supply. >My version is a bit different compared with the pdf... But I tryed to use a bias tee, unforunately today I haven't a power supply of 16-18 v to obtain the right polatization (Horizontal). Okay I will try next days...

Bye ...Hope to see you on the bird.

73 de ik4idy.

Yes Roberto I confirm your observation, the same for me, but signal in my case is lower due to lack of pointing :

Yes I think so. With that dish you should be able to get it much stronger.

However, pointing is now a bit of a waste of time as it is slowly drifting east.

Yes Rob you are right. But I taken the common fever to do some tests and checks...

;)

But the challenge will be to transmit over the bird,

I'm looking forward to do my first qso.

73 de Alex