Posts by RN3ARU

Thanks to everyone for the discussion! It seems to me that the number of stations has not decreased, just many have switched to SWL and not considering it possible to conduct repeated QSO, maybe we can find a solution together.

73! Alex

Thanks to Adrian. Yes, there may be problems, but it became boring on the satellite, I already had QSO with everything :( Many listen and wait for new stations. But the opinion of Peter is decisive here 73! Alex

Hi All!

I think everyone noticed that there was a decrease in activity on the air of the excellent QO-100 satellite due to the lack of new stations. I want to offer for discussion a way to increase the number of new stations and territories.

It is about creating a gateway from one of the short-wave ranges. For example, conversion the spectrum 14010-14030 kHz (CW) on the uplink to a frequencys 10489575-10489595 kHz. Our correspondents can transmit to SW and hear themselves and us on WEB SDR, therefore QSO through the gateway is possible! It is especially interesting to place such a gate on the border of the QO-100, for example, in Brazil, and we will receive many new correspondents and new territories.

The technical implementation of the gateway is not complicated, but it can be discussed after receiving the answer to the questions:

- Are such gateways interesting for the amateur radio community?

-How will AMSAT-DL react to this?