Posts by dg0opk

DL9SEC

thank your for information but this is not my application... and the problem

there are several other reasons and applications which need more than one NETWORK DEVICE...

I think there is a problem maybe in the software

(like i said before the binding of IP adresses to the devices have to recheckt)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

thank your for all the informations about here..

i have same problem but i am using always more than one network card in the systems. They can not deactivatet easily.

UDP is only working on local via loopback ip.

Maybe anyone can give the information to F6DZP that he can look in the UDP bindings if there is more than network device.

I have seen in past also other applications with this problem.

More than one network device is common application in many systems.

Nice sunday around

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ....

interesting informations from heiseshow 13 feb 2020 on YT

about QO-100 and some background (relly good informations about the NON COMMERCIAL PROJECT)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in german lanuage ... maybe a double post .... so delete if you want...

73 de dg0opk

hmmh....

after thinking about....

MAYBE AN IDEA .... came into my brain....

EMERGENCY BEACON PROJECT in WSPR/WSJTX (maybe modified protocoll) or OTHER WEAK SIGNAL MODE ... battery powered small transmitter with patch antenna 6dBi

like the COSPAS/SARSAT commercial project ...

CAN BE RECEIVED BY SOME EMERGENCY MONITORING STATIONS in the footprint RUNNING 24/7

???? WHAT DO YO THINK ????

73 de dg0opk

Hallo agn...

thank you for all informations...

I am working many years with wsjt...,wsjtx ... and the timing is mostly the GOAL to get an decode... !

And additionally i will give some information about LINUX systems...

There is an tool on the newer versions of LINUX ...called CHRONY as replacement for NTP ...

It can also make a time correction in positive and negative direction controlled by an ini-File

I am using this since some years on my ARM-mini computer monitoring systems with GNURADIO RX and RTL-SDR to correct the time/sdr delay.

73 de dg0opk

Hallo...

i am using MEINBERG NTP for Win10

https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm

it works like a charm without any correction needed until now (also with SDR)

but interesting to see that there are solutions out to correct the time offset (SDR latency + GEOSAT delay)

DK8KW ...

What helped for me is a little software that W9MDB has published on his qrz.com page. It is called TimeFudge (https://www.dropbox.com/s/b39x…imeFudgeSetup1_3.exe?dl=1). With this software you can adjust your computer clock in 0.01 seconds steps plus and minus. I have been succesful in reaching FT4 and FT8 stations by playing around with this parameter for a while.

TNX for Info

BTW:

i made a number of qsos without problems ... and i can decode my signal in FT8/FT4 every time with 2mW with TX 120cm Dish RX 85/70cm Dish and 8mW TX 60cm and RX 85cm... Level Range is then -12...-17dB WSJTX Scale

so no QRO is needed for FT8/4 ... level over 0dB is QRO in my opinion...

73 de DG0OPK

Hallo Darko...

i hope i understand your question correctly....

but after my information a small device ...his name is ADALM PLUTO can do this...

F5OEO Software DATV(SDR) with WEB-Controller by M0DTS has made a special firmware for the TOY to use the device via IP ETHERNET STREAM ...

They use ffmpeg in the Pluto ARM SOC (single/dual core ARMv7) as receiver to send it via RF... the installation procedure for the Firmware is very easy and done in 5minutes ... look for this on the infos are given on ANALOG DEVICES hompage

frequency range of the Pluto is 70-6000MHZ

output power tuneable -50 to 0dBm (maybe...depends on the device)

But note to all readers:

THINK ON THE OPEN SOURCE IDEA of LINUX and HAMRADIO and the AMSAT RULES ...

some friends use this tools and ideas as the BUSINESS MODEL !

73 de dg0opk

Hallo Peter...

many thanks for information...

are there any measurement results regarding phase noise and/or iq-balance especially in digtal modes maybe datv 8psk or higer mode and please information about the correct device data and specification ... maybe datasheet and the device type?

Many thanks

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo ...

after some break my QO-100 FT8 (and now also FT4 monitor) is online again for testing purposes

It uses 2 instances of WSJTX 2.1.0 one for FT4 and the other FT8 with my GNURADIO dual channel receiver (only one qrg in use in the moment that means both channels have same QRG) . SIMPLE RX is an rtl-sdr with TCXO.

Computer is an small MINIX NEO Z83-U to save some energy... :)

Rx dish is 120cm , LNB is TWIN LNB with TCXO mod no other stabilisation method is used

Station Reports and signal levels can be seen in the PSK 31reporter and the received stations were spottet to 23cm because PSK31reporter has no 10GHz possiblity until now.

https://pskreporter.info/pskma…band=480000000-1400000000

NOTE:

sometimes the reports are declared as unknown frequency so maybe they can be seen on this link

https://pskreporter.info/pskma…llsign=dg0opk&band=0-4000

EDIT ... and picture of FT8 QRP test in october 2019 attached

please try also to use low power i could decode my sigs with 3dBm (2mW) transmitted on 120cm ...

6 to 7dBm works also ok with a 60cm TX DISH

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i got today an new personal MER record of the DATV BEACON on my 120cm Dish after rebuilding the RX-Antenna...

10.4dB at 14:43 local time... (look in last line of screenshot)

screenshot is made after this time and with 4 strong DATV signals so the beacon MER drops to ONLY 9.1dB but the EBS-software recording the maximum level

info about my setup:

RX DISH LAMINAS OCF-1200 OFFSET DISH

LNB TWIN WB/NB with TCXO (27MHz! LO 9750/10600)

http://www.dg0opk.darc.de/Octagon_LNB_mod_March2017.html

EDIT:
    FOR COMPARISION ... in LOCATION CENTRAL DL JO50

BADR4 26east SIGNAL 11996H SR 27500 is normally at 11.8dB

BADR4 26east SIGNAL 12168V SR 27500 is normally at 11.8dB also (if polarity off LNB correct tuned)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo...

my test via QO-100 with a comparable antenna 35x35cm linear polarized ..

datasheet gives 21dBi...

DATE: some weeks after switch on QO-100 in march 2019

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GNURADIO TX on LIMESDR (with amp and filter behind 5W out), RX on GQRX and RTL-SDR (running on LINUX)

BTW: YOU NEED A HAMRADIO LICENCE TO PLAY THIS GAME!

73 de dg0opk

http://www.dg0opk.darc.de/