Posts by dg0opk

Hallo all..

i had the same problem in past with low modulation level using a simple SKYPE USB HEADSET with an Soundcard inside.

The max. Digital Gain in SDR Console is a bit to low....

so i tried

EQUALIZER APO to add a bit of MIC GAIN to the mic in the headset and maybe to use some additional EQUALIZER

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Not easy to configure and install and had also some trouble with other soundevices at first , but i got it working

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

made an other screenshot this morning from the "simple pluto analyzer" with 10MSPs on GNURADIO 3.8.1 Ubuntu 20.04

RX: 80cm DISH, LNB-LO 9.388 MHz (TCXO) H-pol, IF 1105 in CENTER, AVERAGE and MAXHOLD ....

you can nicely see the sigs of both transponders , NB is relatively weak because of polarisation loss V->H

So the next time not to much time anymore ... "playing a bit"

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

after some recherche in the WEB the Pluto is running now...with upto 60MHZ BW in Spektrum mode (-no decode mode) ...

(decode of signlas is only possible with lower samplerate and BW < 5MHz because of USB2.0)

the solution:

you have to put in the following line in your .bashrc file

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages

after then you can start the gnuradio-companion from terminal.

(It looks it is a bug in Gnuradio 3.8.1 or later and will maybe solved in the future)

73 de dg0opk

This THREAD

is quiet since some month.... (i dont know why) ....

With DVB-S2 it is possible to send IP DATA to the full footprint....

i tested my system with 120cm RX/TX and i saw 3Mbit/s in fullduplex mode uplink/downlink....with my own signal (DVB-S2 Mode VIDEO)

Maybe IP over DVB-2 is not interesting for radio amateurs? (more for the commercial ones?)

an idea to get some more for an RX .... with low money system can be found maybe here....

https://www.heise.de/news/Def-…ter-300-Euro-4865615.html

Edit: maybe there it is any possibble to get the ip stream also from the MiniTiouner RX? maybe also as interface for other applications like ...plutosdr for TX or plutosdr as fullduplex data transmitter???

an IDEA also for MAKRO92???

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

if you are using the right WIFI-Modules with higher Bandwith 802.11n or better 802.11ac it will be no problem ....

Like i Wrote

"giving me 80Mbit in full duplex with low delay ..no problem with Pluto SDR in NB (SDR Console) and DATV"

73 de michael dg0opk

Hi,

Finally I rollback as drivers are not ready yet for most devices. I will like to use Python3 for GNURadio but ...

Hallo George ...

installed Ubuntu20.04 now on my Linux machine.... Pluto wit IIO-Oscillocope worked ok and and modules compiled like given in the info from analog devices ....

BUT:

I cannot get running Pluto with Gnuradio 3.8.1.... IIO and Pluto block are inside GRC

getting an error when starting the simple flowgraph... something si missing i think...

this did not help .... export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating: '/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py'

Executing: /usr/bin/python3 -u /home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/gnuradio/plutotest.py", line 33, in <module>

import iio

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'iio'

>>> Done (return code 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY IDEA ???

Thank You

73 de Michael dg0opk

You're right, I know a few other people on our planet Earth, who would be better sent to Mars first, or better just pass Mars. :)

I'll be back!

Danke PETER ... (dass Du "back" sein wirst)

ich glaube auf der ERDE wirst Du noch gebraucht.... (für weitere projekte?)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i am using a WIFI Bridge... (6cm) ...since one year now...

no problem detected until now... worked like a charm and like on the cable connected LAN....

edit: giving me 80Mbit in full duplex with low delay ..no problemn with Pluto SDR in NB (SDR Console) and DATV

73 de dg0opk

Hallo Robert...

i am using console 3.0.21 with Pluto Firmware F5OEO ("beta for the brave") and PTT out via GPIO0,1 works on my Plutos ...in NB and WB- Mode - but the switch on/off delay is a bit long. (maybe 0.5-1s)

maybe anyone other can confirm

73 de michael dg0opk

Hi all...

some work for the next weekend... ?

ANDREW MW7IC2240 MK2 ...maybe running on 12V for a new portable setup....;)

BUT NOT TESTET so lets see.... (look update)

73 de dg0opk

UPDATE: 1.may 2020

-------------------------------

first test are done, i got the following parameters with 12V DC input and setting the idle current overall to 1.07A@12V
    ( around 550mA @24V)

Rf-Drive Idc(A) @ 12V Pout effienciency overall (with DC/DC)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

off 1.07

-3dBm 1.16 26.8dBm low

2dBm 1.38 31.7dBm 8.8%

7dBm 2.03 36.5dBm 18%

10dBm 2.6 38.3dBm 21%

12dBm 3.48 41dBm 29.7%

13.5dBm 4.37 42dBm 29.8%

16.5dBm 5.67 43dBm 29%

18.8dBm 6.4 43.4dBm 28.5% (SATURATION)

amp is linear nearly upto max.15W, Pout max =22W @ 24V

NOTE: you need some additional CAPACITORS because of the DC/DC supply...

this PROJECT is nearly finshed now....

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo all...

some short update...

got a delivery of the small LM317 modules ... which can be modified with a little work (more than i have thought)

what to do...

- remove the trimmer resistor

- cut out the ground pads on the upper side of pcb

- make an "island" for the other 2 pins of the trimmer on the lower side of pcb

- resolder the trimmer

- add 820R (smd) and 100nF (smd)

pictures and diagram of the modified pcb attached...

73 & have fun with modification of amplifiers

Michael dg0opk

Hallo all...

made today some tests with MW7IC2240 module from ebay...

NOTE: i have no calibrated measequipment here so maybe there can be an absolute power error of 2-3dB... maybe anyone can verify and can post the results.... TNX

here are my measurements

2 modules were tested and have nearly identical parameters.

PSU: 27V , idle current stage 1 was set to 100mA, idle current stage 2 was set to 500mA

test frequeny 2405MHz, generator is ADALM PLUTO with driver SBB-5089Z + RF2126 , satsagen software

Pin 0dBm 0.75A Pout=30dBm Gain=30dB DCinput=20W

Pin 10dBm 1.5A Pout=39.7dBm Gain=29.7dB DCinput=40W Efficiency 22.5%

Pin 15dBm 2.5A Pout=43.2dBm Gain=28.2dB DCinput=67.5W Efficiency 31,1%

Pin 18dBm 3.0A Pout= 44dBm Gain= 26dB DCinput=81W Efficiency 30,8%

Pin 20dBm 3.2A Pout= 44.2dBm Gain= 24.2dB

the amplifier is very linear until 10-15W, max. Pout is about 25W, gain @ 2405MHz is 30dB,

the output trimmer was turned nearly out , harmonics are > -50dBc no other modifications were needed

It looks this is an easy and good useable amp for NB (15W) and a good driver for DATV (max.5W)...

pictures attached...

HAPPY EASTER TIME ALL AROUND...

73 de dg0opk

additional information about from 11april2020:

like seen in the posts from UA1CCU it is possible to use one bias controller for both stages.

I tried out my temperature compensated version for MRF7S21110 (look up in this thread) and it is working very nicely and stable over temperature. The idle current change is very low with cold (20deg) and hot heatsink (50deg).

The Idle current of the module has to bet set to 600mA for best linearity. In DATV maybe 4W with shoulders 40dB are possible. This exactly the datasheet specification for W-CDMA systems.

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo ...

an short update

using a simple and cheap BIAS stabilisation circuit for the MRF7S21110 with good results

Note: The BIAS CIRCUIT is (c) by dg0opk ... only for private use..... no reselling is allowed ...! (it makes no sense, look info 12.april 2020)

73 & happy easter time ...

STAY HEALTY Michael dg0opk

EDIT and additional information 12.april 2020:

i found this one as pcb version from china ...which is maybe usable for the bias circuit after a small modification

https://www.ebay.de/itm/122214956128

73 de Michael dg0opk