Posts by dg0opk

Halo Edson and all others....

many thanks for your information about the station setup... that is very interesting ....

But i have no idea about the different decoding levels and the performance of WSJTX also on different days ....normaly the same signals on the transponder must reach the same SNR level if you have enough ground noise of the transponder.

Maybe there are some other influences in the signal path of the propagation and maybe also in the satellite hardware?

BTW: an very interesting test ....

73 for now

Michael dg0opk

Hallo ...

some more have reached the -24dB .... but my receiver (85cm Dish, ADALM PLUTO) shows sometimes better signal levels of some stations ...

anyone have an idea about the difference in decoding levels... in WSJTX ???

Maybe it is interesting to hear some ideas about... and maybe it is helpful to get more about the monitoring station for this test...

which hardware is used?

Tnx and 73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

first reception test this evening after the change.... cold and clear sky in germany...

MER 11.6dB D7 @ 120cm OFFSET DISH... (with empty transponder)

So some more space to play now ... and really good sig of the beacon now... reaching BADR4 Signal level 11.996H

TNX AMSAT ...

EDIT: 2nd signal TEST on 85cm TDA88 8.3-8.5dB (TBS6522, EBS Pro 17)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all...

here my FT8 & FT4 receiving results from yesterday....

sometimes running PLUTOSDR (FT8) on 85cm in parallel to the AirspMini at 120cm (FT4+FT8)

setup: TWIN LNB with internal TCXO + SDR Console 3.0.21 with software drift correction + virtual Audio to WSJTX

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all...

here i will upload my RX Data from 21mach 2020 FT8 and FT4 monitoring on my 120cm Offset DISH with

TWIN LNB (TCXO mod by DG0OPK), AIRSPY Mini, SDR CONSOLE 3.0.21 with BEACON LOCKING for drift correction and virtual audio cable to 2 instances of WSJTX (FT8 and FT4)

NOTE:

WSJTX frequency is set to 1296.6 MHz for uploading to PSK31reporter ... (but not all spots can be seen because PSK31reporter dont support 3cm until now)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i will try to let run my rx monitor on FT4 and FT8...

received spots are sent with 23cm frequency marking (so not all spotted in PSK31reporter

LINK last 12hours...

https://pskreporter.info/pskma…band=480000000-1400000000

Additional NOTE

some station are marked with unknown frequency in PSK 31 reporter

so they can not be seen with 23cm filter

maybe it is time to open PSK31reporter to 3cm (10.368/10.489 MHz)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo Robert and Thomas..

tnx for your response ....

but note ... we are not using an terrestrical radio path... we are using free space propagation with LOS (line of sight) so it is very interesting to monitor the changes of an LOS path which maybe only depends on some changes in the ionosphere at 10GHz ... ??

never though and seen before that there are changes in path loss ...

yes they are changes on heavy rain on bad weather conditions with thunderstorms (rainscatter) but changes on clear sky?

(this is what i mean as a goal)

Very interesting to hear someting about

73 de dg0opk

Hallo...

got today some more level now... also with snowfall on the QTH....

9.6dB is reached again on 120cm ...nothing was changed on the setup ....

maybe the wheather is going good now in DOHA... ?? again

@ DH2VA

and maybe we have really some "ionospheric scintillation" depending on the local position of the receivers?

i dont know... but maybe it is interesting to watch about this...

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all...

some information in the media today about MEV-1 (Mission Extension Vehicle) ...

https://spacenews.com/northrop…-with-intelsat-satellite/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GERMAN WIKIPEDIA INFO

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Extension_Vehicle

Maybe also an Option for QO-100 in about 15years? ;)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo all...

after checking my receiving systems this weekend i could detect an loss of MER of the DATV Beacon on 10492.5 ...

it is about 0.3-0.5dB weaker thank in the weeks and the other times before

the effect is on all my 3 receiving systems nearly the same but maybe some detuning of strong winds ???

level with empty tranponder (only beacon seen)

85cm LNB at Center MER 7.2 (before 7.8dB - sometimes over 8dB)

85cm LNB 7degrees offset MER 6.5 (before 7.2dB)

120cm Offset MER 9.3 (before 9.6-9.8dB)

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT:

the TV Signals from BADR 4 12168 V ,11996 H are unchanged and reaching 11.5 to 12 dB on my 120cm

73 de Michael dg0opk

DL9SEC

thank your for information but this is not my application... and the problem

there are several other reasons and applications which need more than one NETWORK DEVICE...

I think there is a problem maybe in the software

(like i said before the binding of IP adresses to the devices have to recheckt)

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

thank your for all the informations about here..

i have same problem but i am using always more than one network card in the systems. They can not deactivatet easily.

UDP is only working on local via loopback ip.

Maybe anyone can give the information to F6DZP that he can look in the UDP bindings if there is more than network device.

I have seen in past also other applications with this problem.

More than one network device is common application in many systems.

Nice sunday around

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ....

interesting informations from heiseshow 13 feb 2020 on YT

about QO-100 and some background (relly good informations about the NON COMMERCIAL PROJECT)

in german lanuage ... maybe a double post .... so delete if you want...

73 de dg0opk

hmmh....

after thinking about....

MAYBE AN IDEA .... came into my brain....

EMERGENCY BEACON PROJECT in WSPR/WSJTX (maybe modified protocoll) or OTHER WEAK SIGNAL MODE ... battery powered small transmitter with patch antenna 6dBi

like the COSPAS/SARSAT commercial project ...

CAN BE RECEIVED BY SOME EMERGENCY MONITORING STATIONS in the footprint RUNNING 24/7

???? WHAT DO YO THINK ????

73 de dg0opk

Hallo agn...

thank you for all informations...

I am working many years with wsjt...,wsjtx ... and the timing is mostly the GOAL to get an decode... !

And additionally i will give some information about LINUX systems...

There is an tool on the newer versions of LINUX ...called CHRONY as replacement for NTP ...

It can also make a time correction in positive and negative direction controlled by an ini-File

I am using this since some years on my ARM-mini computer monitoring systems with GNURADIO RX and RTL-SDR to correct the time/sdr delay.

73 de dg0opk