Posts by dg0opk

Hallo zusammen...

dd9fj...

ich habe folgende Fragen zur Thematik, da der Pluto ja doch Spektral etwas besser als der LIMESDR aufgestellt ist.

Welche Firmware hat der ADAPLM PLUTO und wurde dieser mit einem anderen REF Oszillator modifiziert?

Wurden die automatischen Kalibriereinstellungen oder andere I/Q Einstellungen verändert?

Ich verwende FW 0.29 und seit kurzem die SDR Konsole 3.0.13 habe ähnliches an meinem Signal nicht beobachten können.

Mein Pluto ist "out of the box" nur mit Frequenzerweiterung 70-6000Mhz und 5€ TCXO MOD.

Danke im Voraus ...

73 de Michael dg0opk

G0MJW ...

i know why you prefer this solution.... :)

IT WORKS ON NARROW AND WIDEBAND ... (look at FUNKAMATEUR MAGAZINE 12/2018) ... an article was made about ...but for GNURADIO and LINUX...

And additiontional dont forget the LIMESDRs ...SAME SETUP other SDR MODULE... and DONT FORGET THE FILTERS...

IN DUBUS 04/2018 you can see another solution by W7FU with ETTUS B210

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hi Adrian...

your question ist not easy to answer....

If you are hard ...you can modify everything you want...!

BUT ... YOU NEED MONEY,LOT OF TIME AND A BIT OF LUCK....

Thats my short expieriences about in 29 years with hamradio licence...

THINK about ... if you want to go the STONY WAY.... GOOD LUCK

73 de michael dg0opk

Hallo everyone....

i made a short PROMOTION VIDEO for QO-100 (retransmitting NB TP via WB TP in DATV H265)

the testing setup by dg0opk was 120cmDishes on RX/TX has given me the time and possibilty to transmit all live you can see... in DATV H265 1280x720!!

VIDEO is on on YOUTUBE ....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

120cm RX and TX for WB and NB TP use...

some more information is given in the info...of the YT video

many thanks to all (especially to background workers in AMSAT-DL to make it possible...)

73 de Michael DG0OPK

Hallo everyone....

in the picture attached you can see the difference in performance of the old Conner Winfield D75F (2017 and before - upper part of picture) and the D75F oscillators are delivered after around mid/end of 2017 and later (lower part) ....

Measurement was done in MAY2019 on a 35cm DISH with the QO-100 lower BEACON as reference...

So i think that are no questions about anymore and i can confirm all the result from David G0MRF...

I am happy that i got some old ones in 2017 for my OTSLO LNBs and found a replacement source for future (but much more expensive)

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo ....

after upgrading to VARA Modem 3.1.1 and a new (faster computer) i got the following results on a first test with my (non GPS locked setup)

Data Sent: 102384Bytes

Time: 8min40

Thruput: 11768Bytes/min

looks ok for an SSB channel.... with 3kHz BW ....(nice!)

Peak Datarate: 3500bps

setup using:

TCXO LNB with software driftcorrection on QO-100 BEACON (SDRConsole), ADALM PLUTO (TCXO MOD) in FULLDUPLEXMODE, SDR Console3.0.11 ,VirtualAudio to Vara Modem, RX/TX Switch ... VOX Controlled by SDRConsole

73 de dg0opk

@ PA3FYM

stability can maybe corrected (if needed) via software tools ....

phase noise is build inside the oscillator....AND

the right LNB is to use withthe GOOD CHIPs for low NOISE ...

maybe the RDA chip in the old octagons or other LNBs

so the RX results will maybe very good...

73 de dg0opk

Hallo ...

i got some measurement result for the alternative 27MHz TCXOs

DRIFT (ppm) attached.... phase noise is good

if anyone need .... as replacement for the "bad D75F" delivered after mid of 2017...let me know...

ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT:

PLEASE ASK THE RESELLERS ... about the BAD D75F not me (i have some old ones for personal use which working very nice)

have the resellers verified their products they sell with the given information on my homepage in april 2017 ??

please ask again ... to me directly if you need an good working and stable LNB for QO-100

dg0opk@darc.de

73 de michael dg0opk

Hallo...

good news about SDR ANGEL ... from 18july2019

experimental DVB-S2 support!

https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/releases/tag/v4.11.1

INFO:

DATV demod: experimental DVB-S2 support

DVB-S2 standard support using the "work" branch of leansdr (https://github.com/pabr/leansdr/tree/work) supposedly still experimental. This works reasonably well though. You may need to move the controls a bit to get a lock.

i have found today ..but not tested .. very...interesting if it works

73 de Michael dg0opk

Hallo ...

after some time ....the CAT is out of the BAG ...

the D75F dont work anymore like before ...

the old ones from 2017 are GREAT ...

but i have a new source for 27MHz TCXOs with good quality...they are in test now...

please mail me if you have interest (but they are more expensive but ok)

email: dg0opk@darc.de

73 de michael

DD4YR

hallo robert ... the differences between bad and good weather are not very much ...

so you have an loss or inaccurary of maybe +-0.3dB ...if the dish is correct aligned..

maybe some times in the summer we have some thunderstorm with rainscatter...

but thats an on other game to play... HI

73 de dg0opk

Hallo....

i made some tests to receive the WB Transponder on small dishes to compare maybe with others.... please give information about your results...!!

The tests were done last 6weeks with my modified TCXO-LNBs
    (Octagon OTSLO, AX Black Buster) with LO 9388 and LO9750MHz

I got the following levels (MER ) results on the WB beacon ... measured with TT-S2 1600 or MiniTiounerExpress

MER OF QO-100 DATV BEACON

----------------------------------------------

60cm NO NAME DISH 5.2-5.5dB

60cm Kathrein Dish 6.1dB

85cm FUBA DISH with LNB Offset 7deg 7.2dB (Center to 19.2east)

85cm TRIAX OFFSET 8.3dB

120cm LAMINAS OFFSET 9.4dB

Note:

the MER is about + 0.5-0.8dB more if you use an (good!) TCXO instead the original crystal inside the PLL LNB.

Note2:

the MER was measured during an "empty tranponder that means only the beacon" without other stations are qrv...because the MER of the beacon depends sometimes on the activity on the higher part of the passband...

73 de Michael dg0opk

M0VKK

Hi Richard...

i have also orderd ... but no time to test it the moment... maybe a good next step is to cut the stripline on the output combiner and put in a 50Ohm load .... then more tests can be done?

BTW:

the anaren combiners are specified until 2.3GHz so may be some little more loss on 2.4... and the transitor datasheet looks not so bad... max output >150W at 32V P1dB (2.14GHz Page 8 of dataheet), S parameters are given until 2.2GHz and they look flat... maybe it is usable at 2.4G... i hope for that ....if not ...then maybe a good one for 2.32G contesting...

so lets see ..

73 de dg0opk

M0VKK

Hallo... any question or note about the MRF7S21110HS board...

i can not see any 50R resistor on the output combiner..maybe it is missing on the PCB and has to soldered on the open end of the stripline? Or maybe the stripline and the capacitor is used as the LOAD @ 2.2GHz?

Michael dg0opk

Hallo Peter...

interesting to see this....

thats nearly the same antenne i used in 2001 for AO-40 downlink on my portable setup for receiving the s-band...

now tested on QO-100 uplink again and found it as the best working setup with lowest money... versus other possible antennas/feed solutions.

I use a 3 turn helix as feed like seen on the picture.... many thanks for posting this information.:)

73 de Michael dg0opk