Posts by DG7BBP

Gio,

i wrote a litte command line logbook program with your requirements a few years ago. Over the last years I added some additional functions like qrz.com access and dxcluster support.

Take a look at https://dg7bbp.darc.de/software.html and try 7log.

Most functions run under windows, too. You only need a python3 installation. Just decrompress the .tgz archive. Use google translate for translatation of the german manual oder just enter 7log.py --help

The program remembers the last qso parameter for mode,frequency, repeater (or sat),..
    Just enter
    7log call locator or for special calls 7log --call <callsign> <locator> for the next qso.

You can set the working frequencies with environment varibales DG7BBP_LOG_QRG_RX and DG7BBP_LOG_QRG (in Hz) or just specify the transmit frequency as 2.4GHz in the command line.

Enter 7log IW7EHC 2.4GHz r:QO-100 for the first QO-100 qso with yourself.

I wrote this little program, because I needed a logbook for gqrxsettrx.py for receive and transmit frequency synchronisation from ggrx with my transceiver in the early days of QO-100.

Jens, dg7bbp

Migration from old DOS code to linux is still in progress. But a first prototype is able to send directory broadcasts and files. G0KLA software is able to capture the broadcasts. First tests over the air will be possible. On problem exist. The G0KLA Software has fixed source callsigns an can only receive Falcon3 FST3.

25 years ago, I wrote my personal extension to the DOS program NOS from ka9q for transmitting the pacsat protocol for the db0bru digipeater.
    As I remember it was not so complicated, but I cannot find the old source code.

I simple solution is only transmitting the files and directory information for the beacon without a possiblity to request files and holes.

I've just tried die use linux and send simple packtes with the right pid. That is simple just with a modified beacon program from the axtools software package.

Transferring a file can look like:
    pacsatbeacon --fps <frames per minute> --pacfile <filename> <port> QST-1

--pacfile is a file to transfer packed with pacsat file header (pfh program).
    The file id is read from the file header.
    --fps frame per second, float. This must fit into the bandwidth of the channel.

With a litte bit more work the transfer of the directory will be possible with:

beacon --pacsatdir <spooldir> <port> QST-1

If you are still need such a program i can invenst a few days for this to complete at least the 1st form for the filetransfer.