Posts by DL3DCW

Man konnte mein Signal nur ueber den Web SDR auf der UK Webseite sehen, keiner der Stationen und auch ich konnte das Signal von mir auf Ihrer Empfangsstation hören oder an der SDR Console sehen!

Dieser Satz macht mich irgendwie stutzig. Das Signal war auf den Web-SDR zu sehen. Also muss es doch auch an allen anderen Empfangsstationen „sichtbar“ gewesen sein !?

It controls and readout data from the up converter (power, temperature, voltage etc.). In the actual version you can control Kuhne MKU2424 and AMSAT UpCon6W converters.

Yes, that was my error, I had changed the baud rate. When I set it back to 4800 the 432mhz reappeared in the IF QRG field, and the icon changed back to red TX. But the FT817 was not actually in transmit mode.

With the Yaesu CT-62 USB CAT cable? Then the TX detection will not work (see #214 obove).

Working fine with SDR Console, maybe the CT-62 CAT cable is not Linux compatible?

You use the Yaesu CT-62 USB CAT cable? In this case the PTT detection will not work because the TX GND signal is not connected internal.

So you have to use USB/TTL-converter with TX GND connected as described.

TX and red means that the FT-817 is in transmit mode. Otherwise there ist a green RX icon. The PTT state is detected by PTT GND signal from FT-817.

Low state of CTS or DSR or DCD or RI from TTL/USB-Converter will be indicated as TX.

You have the same USB device for "Transmitter" and "Up converter" (/dev/ttyUSB0). Please choose an other device (/dev/serial0) for "Up converter".

In the actual version for Raspberry Pi 4B you can set "Up converter" to "none" if you dont need this function.

Referenzeingang laut Spezifikationen auf der Webseite: 10 MHz / 2 ... 10 mW. Eingangsimpedanz: 50Ohm. Ich würde versuchsweise mal das T-Stück weglassen und das Referenzsignal nur auf den Kuhne geben.

Ich kann mich erinnern das ich anfangs auch mal versucht habe über den Befehl "I" auszulesen ob er auf die externe Referenz eingerastet ist. Mir ist der Kuhne dabei dann aber meist abgestürzt. Habe dann irgendwann aufgegeben und das Ganze nicht weiter verfolgt.

Wegen der Erwärmung bei Dauerbetrieb sollte aber immer eine externe Referenz benutzt werden. Sonst driftet er zu stark. Ich habe das damals mit einem externen TCXO gemacht. War damit dann absolut stabil.

In this version you can also use CTS. But it is a very very old version. I recommend to use Raspberry Pi 4B with last satcontrol software. There are many changes and improvements.