Posts by EI2GLB

Hi All

Can anyone help me I'm trying to send CW using MRP40 and SDRconsole, currently I have to press TX on console and use SSB mode, I'd rather it PTT and use CW mode,

Is this possible,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

I have a question someone might be able to help me with,

I wish to move from my Pluto based setup to use my 9700 and a DXPatrol upconverter, The problem I have is that the 2.4GHZ amp I use is the V3 low drive version that has a max input of 50mW and the output of the Upconverter is 200mW

Does anyone know can you reduce the output to under 50mW or would I be better trying to find a 6dB attenuator to run in line,

I am trying to keep cost low as the radio budget is not approved by XYL ;(

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

I recently got JTDX running to work some of the DXpeditions on QO-100, I am wondering has anyone managed to find a way to get JTDX or WSTJ-X to log these QSO's automatically in Log4OM with the correct bands and SAT mode ect,

I did a few QSO's tonight and I manually setup Log4OM and logged each QSO manually but that is not very much fun,

I am using a Pluto via SDR Console and have JTDX setup using VB Cable and VSP Manager

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi It's just a generic one from eBay here is an image, I replaced the one I modified with another of the same I set the IP address as static and changed the IP address in the Pluto Config file to match and so far it seems ok,

Thanks again to everyone for the help

Trevor

E.I2GLB

[Blocked Image: https://www.freetv.ie/images/detailed/5/usb-to-gigabit-ethernet-adapter.jpg]

maybe I missed it but have you tried any other USB-Ethernet adapter? Does the Pluto work when directly connected to a Laptop with USB? I think some ethernet adapters give more problems than others, can you post a picture or model of your adapter?

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply and the info, the unit was new but supplied with the txco mod completed and a version of F5OEO firmware on it, a DL station sells them on eBay,

I modified the Ethernet adapter as there is many posts documenting the need to ensure it has a good supply of 5v,

You are right I don't really know what I'm doing but with a bit of help and some luck I usually get stuff working eventually,

So I reflashed the unit with the latest firmware from AD 0.32, and I made sure that the config file has the right IP addresses for my network and It connected straight away and after each reboot it worked,

I'm going to change to an unmodified Ethernet adapter as the one I'm using is messy looking and hopefully it should be ok then,

Thanks to everyone here who has helped me I hope I have the bugs sorted now and you will be seeing less questions from me,

73 Trevor EI2GLB

No still not working, I went to have a QSO and system crashed, and since reboot I can not connect,

I checked config file and it is still ok,

what I have noticed that when I trying to ping it when I can't connect with SDR console or PUTTY I get a response but slow like 238ms 907ms ect??

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

No Ping is not working I am getting "destination host unreachable"

I got a Y cable splitter and it did not work,

I took apart my Ethernet adapter and added a 5v line into in and it still does not work, I think it's a pluto issue, but what could it be,

My pluto has some custom firmware on it, it was preloaded by the seller, It is by some French Station for DATV I think ??

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks Mike I bought 2 lens's for it, both form Passion Radio there improved one is about 2-3db up on the one supplied with the kit,

I've made a couple of QSO's with good reports so happy here now, the SNR is down at bit at 37 but I'm sure there will be some variation of signal over time, I'll give it another twerk next time I feel safe to ask the XYL for help,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Some fine adjustment with help of XYL I got it up to 40db, I'm sure there are a few more db's there but the helper had enough for today,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

I have my Pluto remotely mounted at the dish but I am having trouble connecting to it, I have a static IP set and after I turn on the PSU I see the port but can not ping it or connect to it, I have managed once today to connect after about 50 reboots,

It worked perfectly the one time it worked, My pluto does not have the GND mod is it needed for this to work??

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks for the reply adjusting the skew of the LNB makes 1 or 2 db lower I can not get any value greater than 24db currently

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

I am trying to fine tune my RX setup,

It consists of Pluto QRZ.CZ LNB with there Bias Tee board with built in adj 20db att I am using a POTY that I got as a kit from Passion Radio,

I. have spent a few hours adjusting the Dish and the POT on the ATT and the best SNR I can get it about 22-24 on the lower CW beacon on a 1m dish

This is hardly right is it??

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB