Posts by EI2GLB

Still have zero idea about smith charts but after a few hours of bending and pressing the plates together/apart I got this, It's so critical the smallest movement can make such a difference,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi all

I'm trying to tune my POTY antenna but the 2nd dip is a bit high and the see is very high, it's a kit I got from Passion Radio in France, I tried bending the plates together / apart and no joy, I calibrated the nano as per instructions on line,

Anyone have any ideas,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks Mike I have ordered one of these from Amazon, It looks way to complicated for me as I have no idea how to read a smith chart but I will have a look at some tutorials on YouTube and see what I can do with it, My Normal Analyser only covers to 230mhz so this will be handy to have for 70 and 23cms as well,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

Probably a silly question but does the 2.4ghz Patch (poty) antenna have to be orientated is a certain way to ensure it is transmitting LHCP,

Do I need to make sure the angled cut sections are facing the dish at a certain angle??

Also is it critical how far the waveguide goes inside the LNB, I'm using the QRO.cz LNB and poty adapter and it's a very tight fit,

Also one last question, how do I know the correct distance to place the dual feed on to the LNB holder does it matter much how near/far the LNB is from the dish,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

Anyone know of a supplier of the N1201SA or PS100 equivalent that is in EU and has stock, I don't want to wait 3 months for one from China,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks FCosta I am lead to believe that the GND mod can cause issues, I will try without it and see how I go,

All my parts are on route from Eastern Europe so I am at the mercy of the post, There is some great suppliers over there and as a community we are lucky to have them supply us with exciting parts to further our hobby,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks for the replies, I do not have advanced equipment here to do much testing, and even though I am only 40 years old these components are almost not visible for me to see never mind try to work on,

I have the unit working with a 3.3nf Cap as it's the only one I have available in my shack, I have ordered some 18pf and will try to install one of them in line,

I no longer feel this unit is safe so I have ordered another with the TXCO mod already completed to use as my main unit in my QO-100 station,

On another note I was told that the GND mod can easily damage the pluto due to excessive current draw, has there been many reports of this??

Trevor

EI2GLB

So doing some more looking at this looks like C123 is missing, C124 is also missing but looking at pictures on the net this seems to be always missing,

these small caps are spec of dust small so no idea where it went and there is no way I will be able to replace it,

Would C123 missing cause the RF side of the Pluto to not work (RX/TX) it is on the feed from the TXCO into the AD9363 ??

can I solder in a larger cap across some point to do the same job??

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

It was working before I went at it, and now it's not, I will try installing the drivers again and give it another go,

I did install a RTL dongle since the last time I used it unless it messed the drivers up,

Thanks

Trevor

Hi All

I went to do the TXCO mod using a board I got from DL that I seen here, I also did the GND mod at the same time,

I had to use a huge amount of heat to remove the old TXCO but it came off eventually,

I installed the new add on board and did the GND mod, when I reconnected the Pluto I get what looks like a slightly different USB pop up on my PC, Says Linux File stor gadget USB connected,

I have the Pluto external drive in file manager, I have all the devices in the device manager com port ect,

I can SSH into it and do the frequency expansion and cpu mod,

I can ping it, doing the IIO_INFO commands returns slightly different text than what it listed but it communicated,

but when I try to connect with either SDR Console or SDR Angle it says device not found ??

Have I fried it tacking out the TXCO

Is there anything I can do,

and failing that is there anyone that sell pre-modded Pluto's ready to go,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Hi All

Can anyone point me to some details on the ground mod for the pluto so it can be used on a lan network ??

I have seen it mentioned a lot but no pictures or a how to guide anywhere,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

Thanks for the reply, I didn't like the look of the mesh dish when I went to collect it (holes seems quiet large), so I took a 1m solid dish instead, I hope the reduced gain of the smaller dish will not be an issue,

Trevor

EI2GLB