Posts by HB9DUT

Well it doesn't really matter - I was just wondering why two LimeSDR minis, with identical hardware and software revisions, have such different output power. I agree with you, maximum output power is not a good idea for operation.

I have more than enough gain in my setup but a difference of almost 10dBm can decide whether an additional amplifier stage is required.

Found on eBay: SZM2166

SZM2166 RF Power Amplifier 2.4GHz 2W 33dBm 8-23V DC Wide Voltage Input for Signal Amplification

Description:

This is a 2W 2.4GHz RF power amplifier, and it can be considered as SZA2044 or RF2126. It comes with DC and supports wide voltage input (8-23V).

Specification:

Supply voltage: 8-23V

Frequency: 2300-2500MHz

Working frequency: 2450MHz

Input and output impedance: 50 ohms

Power: 2W (33dBm)

Interface: SMA outer screw inner hole

Antenna type: external

Size: 5 x 5 x 3cm

Application: for signal amplification

Package List:

1 x RF Power Amplifier

Google LimeSDR Calibration. You get to https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Gett…eSDR-USB_and_LimeSuiteGUI

Here you can calibrate RX and TX, DC offsets etc. See section 11. The values can be saved for power cycling.

Mike

Hi Mike

Thank you for the explanation.
    I tried this according to section 11:

Eliminatting unwanted SSB.

Lime Suite settings

Output after Calibration

The documentation says the settings can be saved - but I have no idea how ...

All in all, the calibration has not brought much. I was only able to optimize the unwanted SSB.

Output on 2.4 GHz is still low with about -2.4dBm.

Peter

Dear all

I have 2 LimeSDR mini.
    When measuring the output power at 2.4 GHz, I noticed that despite the identical gain settings, the output power is almost 10dB different.

Device 1: ~ -3dBm

Device 2: ~ 7dBm

Is such a large difference between the individual devices common? Has anyone else seen this before?

73, Peter