Posts by oh2uds

Hi,

I am also searching for similar solutions.. I checked the Linux kernel and saw that the Tuner manufacturer is providing precompiled kernel headers. So its very hard to do detailed modifications.

If we can find details of RDA5815 there might be a solution.

OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris Dinc

I am sorry but it's impossible to upgrade the python on the system where ENIGMA (the UI) is based on fully python....

But this plugin should work on any image based on enigma2/python3

Question : Is it usefull to enter KHz in UI, I also modified my own fiormware to input frequency in KHz, but I think the AGC.AFC of tuner does not allow you to set a precise frequency. It always tunes to the strongest signal on my tests.

Good luck.

Baris

OH2UDS/TA7W

Ok.. what is your OpenATV version...?

Looks like its not 7 or later....

Your SF8008 is using python 2.7 and I decided to go with a release which supports python 3 (where python 2.7 is not supported anymore)

If you can try to have OpenATV 7 or later (or an image with python 3) that will do.

Here is the log with eror:

Hi,

I started development of a openatv plugin in parallel of my sf8008 minitouner porting.

The purpose of the plugin is as follows;

• Connect to BATC websocket and get spectrum data [DONE]
    • Draw Wideband spectrum view [DONE]
    • Allow user to select transmission [InProgress]
    • Tune the frontend for selected Frequency/Samplerate [Waiting]

A sample spectum view is as follows;

The initial code is attached. After some progress I will pack it into a installable package.

Things to be done for installation :

- Ssh to your satellite receiver

- install websocket client (e.g. opkg install python-websocket-client)

-Copy the attached zip file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions folder and uncompress

- Run the plugin from the plugins menu

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris DINC

I think it should work any linux that supports udev and required FTDI modules installed.....

But for your settopbox you should check the cpu architecture.. you may need to crosscompile the longmynd for that.... but it should work...

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris DINC

While playing with BATC Portsdown I decided to run it on my ubuntu linux to get rid of Minitiouner Windows software (I don't have a proper M$ windows setup)...

It worked like a charm.. Thanks to all developers..

Then I decided to run the programs on my SF8008 to get rid of auto tune and not being anle to tune to weak signals.... And it went flawlesly as well.. As both raspberry pi and SF8008 has similar ARM MCUs I even didn't need to re-compile tha packets.

Steps to get Minitouner and SF8008 working together :

1) Copy longmynd folder from your raspberry portsdown installation to SF8008

2) Run the longmynd to stream a UDP stream and also a local ts stream (e.g. for QO-100 beacon with a 9362500 Khz IF LNB)

./longmynd -i 192.168.1.4 1234 -s longmynd_status_fifo -p h -r -1 -S 0.5 1129055 1500

(don't forget to change the frequency for your setup, e.g. for 9750MHz IF)

3) 192.168.1.4 is my PC IP.. with VLC I can watch the stream.. also on the device I prepared a symlink to longmynd_main_ts as a ts file to watch it lcoally.. or install vlc plugin.. or IPTV plugin.. whichever you prefer..

What can be added :

- easy remoting (web interface or pc software to send channel/frequency/symbolrate)

- a simple application to select channel

- a similar Interface to Minitouner Windows on SF8008

Any comments are welcome..

OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris DINC

Hi All,

I tried to get the SF8008 running without modifying the LNB but had no success...

After reading this thread a few times more I recognized that it is already mentioned in the posts.

I would like to summarize : (I am happy to hear if I see something wrong)

• SF8008 is able to capture low bitrates
    • You can input frequencies below 10.700 but if the combination with LNB LO brings the IF frequency out of tuner limits (950-2050 MHz) it does not work (I tested this by directly transitting in IF frequency from my adalm-pluto)
    • if you are using a normal LNB with 9750 IF, that means you can only input frequencies higher than 10.700 (9750+950)

if you are using a normal LNB with 9360 IF, that means you can only input frequencies higher than 10.310 (9360+950)I am not able to find the way of inputting frequency of KHz steps (with dot... e.g. 10493.250)

I checked the datasheet of RDA5815 and seems that it will work below 950 MHz.. so this is a software limit.. I started ompiling OPENATV from scratch to do the modifications to allow IF lower than 950 MHz (739MHz in our case) if somebody else not already started.

I would like to know the discussions you know elsewher (forums, wb pages, etc.)

Thanks

Baris DINC

OH2UDS / TA7W

Hi All,

I tried to get the SF8008 running without modifying the LNB but had no success...

After reading this thread a few times more I recognized that it is already mentioned in the posts.

I would like to summarize : (I am happy to hear if I see something wrong)

• SF8008 is able to capture low bitrates
    • You can input frequencies below 10.700 but if the combination with LNB LO brings the IF frequency out of tuner limits (950-2050 MHz) it does not work (I tested this by directly transitting in IF frequency from my adalm-pluto)
      • if you are using a normal LNB with 9750 IF, that means you can only input frequencies higher than 10.700 (9750+950)
      • if you are using a normal LNB with 9360 IF, that means you can only input frequencies higher than 10.310 (9360+950)
    • I am not able to find the way of inputting frequency of KHz steps (with dot... e.g. 10493.250)

I checked the datasheet of RDA5815 and seems that it will work below 950 MHz.. so this is a software limit.. I started ompiling OPENATV from scratch to do the modifications to allow IF lower than 950 MHz (739MHz in our case) if somebody else not already started.

I would like to know the discussions you know elsewher (forums, wb pages, etc.)

(the forum warned me that the latest post is a year old.. so I decided to create a new thread.. please answer in that thread
    OCTAGON SF8008 - RDA5815 modification for openATV

Thanks

Baris DINC

OH2UDS / TA7W

Hi all,

I would like to test LoRa on QO-100... I know LoRa is not an open protocol, but it might be good to test these low bandwidth long range devices.

e.g. https://www.semtech.com/produc…less-rf/lora-24ghz/sx1280 SX1280 can be the first candidate to test...

I do have these questions in mind;

- how dan we easily downconvert the received 10GHz signal to 2.4Ghz for reception

- what will be the effect of latency (~1second) for a LoRa transceiver

- Can we transpond very weak LoRa signals over QO-100 (if we can reach the transponder with a certain level I guess yes, but what is that level?)

73's de OH2UDS / TA7W

Baris

There are many possibilities I guess... With stock firmware;

If you use WIFI, you can configure your router/modem to explode your device to internet (using NAT/PAT). Wifi interface gets the default GW to be the access point (your modem/router)

73's de OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris

Last time we sent the pictures from children to QO-100 and space, this time the payload will be the messages from young students with

their voice..

This activity is open to everyone... You will get a attendancecertificate if you record and report one of the FOX Transmissions..

Dear All,

"I WANT TO ANNOUNCE AN ACTIVITY THAT WILL HELD ON QO-100 THIS WEEKEND, MAYBE YOU ALREADY KNOW OUR TEAM FROM THE QO-100 KGSTV ACTIVITY (https://marsonearthproject.org/kg-stv-activity-result/)"

During these pandemic days we wanted to have another activity for children and families who are at home and away from their friends.

We wanted initiate an awareness about hamradio and space communications while playing an old hamradio game altogether on a satellite transponder.

Foxhunting (also known as radio direction finding) is a field game under normal circumstances, where there are hidden and randomly transmitting tiny transmitters in a big field which I trying to be found by the attendees. When you find a transmitter location (called fox) you get points which means you hunt a fox. We don’t harm any animal during this activity. Please visit http://ardf.fi/ en for a sample activity held in Finland.

This time, because of pandemic situation, we will not have a chance to be outdoors. Like our previous QO-100 KGSTV activity we wanted to hunt the foxes on our geostationary satellite transponder QO-100. This time we will be at home, monitoring the QO-100 downlink frequencies. Here is the story and procedure to be part of this activity:

• Random SSB voice transmissions will be conducted on QO-100 SSB transponder portion,
    • Transmission times will be randomized withing the given activity hours,
    • Transmission frequencies will be random within a few frequency range,
    • You will try to capture and record the transmissions as good and long as possible (hunt the fox),
    • This transmission will include a chiled’s voice recording with his/her message to space and a secret letter for this challenge,
    • Sending these recordings and the secret word (refer to rules) to us will reward you with an award for the activity.

Activity Date & Time

15 May 2021 15:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC

16 May 2021 15:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC

Rules

• Participants can use any reception technology (e.g. direct reception with dish + legacy radio and/or SDR radio, any web SDR, any remote station),
    • There is no age restriction,
    • The following frequency ranges will be used (randomly);
      • 10489.670 – 10489.680 MHz
      • 10489.700 – 10489.710 MHz
      • 10489.770 – 10489.780 MHz
      • 10489.810 – 10489.820 MHz
    • The Mars On Earth Project will do transmission for 1 (one) minute on any of the spot frequencies at a random schedule/time,
    • Transmission will be in USB modulation,
    • Transmission will include the following information (voice),
      • Transmission will start with alternating tones for 3 seconds (to be spotted easily),
      • Transmitting radio identification (OH2UDS or OH2CAV),
      • Message from a child to SPACE, who is part of “eTwinning Education Project”,
      • The message will end with a hint for the secret word, e.g : “and the secret letter is ……..”,
      • End of transmission with alternating tones transmission,
    • You need to record the message as long as possible,
    • You need to capture the secret letters as well. Combining secret letters will give you the secret word.

FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISIT : https://marsonearthproject.org…ting-on-qo-100-satellite/

73's de TA7W/OH2UDS

Baris

I had another GND strike on my second PLUTO today... This time I was not so lucky. I lost the laptop computer totally.... And the pluto..

I can still have console on plutor using the JTAG Rx and TX pins but this time the USB chip looks died (USB3320C-EZK).

The internal LDO 3v3 is not providing output so the device assumes itself in OTG mode.... I will try to replace the USB3320C-EZK

Yes exactly true.... and got the second strike and lost the USB3320 this time.... I checked that the FPGA side is still alive by connecting JTAG.. and after replacing the USB3320 the device came back alive "once more"...... I will be much more carefull this time...

73's de OH2UDS/TA7W

Baris Dinc

I had another GND strike on my second PLUTO today... This time I was not so lucky. I lost the laptop computer totally.... And the pluto..

I can still have console on plutor using the JTAG Rx and TX pins but this time the USB chip looks died (USB3320C-EZK).

The internal LDO 3v3 is not providing output so the device assumes itself in OTG mode.... I will try to replace the USB3320C-EZK