Posts by AP2AM

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for sharing the experience. I was about to order this one but phase noise problem worried me. Will decide after getting some user reports. For reception locking to middle beacon solved the drift but for TX pluto drift is unacceptable. The Abracon TCXO is no more available with Mouser or Digikey. Leobodner refused to ship his GPSDO to AP Land. After making about 300 QSOs I have stopped using pluto till I find a stablizing source.

Syed

AP2AM

Hello Irfan,

Please contact me on my PM here or on QRZ.COM. I am using the same setup as yours. I will solve all your legal/technical problems. Transmitting on QO-100 without a proper ham radio licence isseud by PTA is serious offence here in AP land. AP2AUR, AP2HA and myself at Pakistan Amateur Radio Society (PARS)can help you getting a licence.

Thanks Rocco for the tip.I connected the wires across both the pads of L7 and powered through P2 or P3,still no LEDs light up. I forgot to mention L7 checks ok, no shorts. The short is between either USB (P2 or P3) pin 1 and PG. Since fuse F1 is ok, I suspect U8,U9 and U16. The max voltage for these devices is 6.5v. Obviously 12v will destroy these. Next step will be to isolate PG and apply 5V direct at D3.

73 Syed

Hi,

I accidently applied 12V to USB power socket and killed my Pluto. On inspection found L7 getting hot and pluto drawing excessive current with resistance between D3 (TVS DIODE) and ground showing only 45 ohms. Removed D3 and L7 resistance jumped to 4.5k. Do I have to short both primary and secondary pads from where I removed L7 to power up pluto or only primary side is to be jumpered? If pluto does not wake up what else could be damaged/checked?

Syed