Posts by G8PJH

Hello to all my amsat friends. I need help again please. I am now working on my QO 100 TX path. I am running Pluto with SDR console v3. I am monitoring the Pluto output with a Immersion RC power meter, I have a usb microphone plugged into my windows 10 PC. The SDR console TX panel is active, when I activate TX + tone, or tune, there is NO output showing on the meter. Do I have to do something to activate the Pluto? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, I have already made a POTY feed, purchased an Analog Devices CN0417 preamp, and ordered a 20W 2.4GHz amplifier from sg labs. So I just need a PLUTO now and we’re ready to start.

Hi

Success! Just been listening to some QSO,s on QO 100! I had the dish elevation set completely wrong as mentioned earlier, the dish is now nearly vertical. Also I under estimated how a little adjustment makes such a big difference in signal strength. Just got to figure out what I’m looking at on SDR console now! Onwards and upwards to the TX side. Thanks again for everyone’s advice, I couldn’t have done it without you all.

73 Phil G8PJH

OK thanks, I’ll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again for everyone’s help. I’ll hopefully report back with some good news!

73 Phil G8PJH

Many thanks gentlemen. Interesting about the elevation angle, probably where I was going wrong. I set the azimuth today using the sun. Made a boresite for the dish arm, at my location today at 10.28 the sun was at 149 degrees azimuth, so lined up the boresite with the sun, so the dish will now be pointing at the correct azimuth ?

Hi all,

My dish angle scale doesn’t make much sense, when the dish face is vertical, the scale is showing 26 deg. , and the offset arm is 7 deg, measured with an iPhone incline level. To set the QO 100 elevation, I set the dish face exactly vertical, placed a straight piece of timber across the top and bottom edge, then using the iPhone level moved the dish upwards to 26 degrees. Does that make sense? Thanks.

Phil

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but still no luck. Thinking logically, I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with the hardware, so all I can think off is the dish is pointing in the wrong place! Finding it difficult to locate QO 100, not finding it as easy as people make out.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, as you might have guessed this is my first go at satellite. A question, why use Gqrx or SDR #? Can I not just tune around with SDR console? Also, exactly how sensitive does the dish pointing have to be? Is it just a dot in the sky, or is there a tolerance? Thanks again for the help, steep learning curve!