Posts by PY2RN

Still regarding this exaggerating discussion regarding the audio going a little further than 2.7Khz or 2.8 (note that I am not extrapolating it to intermod which is a technical issue and must be fixed) , in the old times of AO-13, 10 and 40 this discussion was practically inexistent and everybody was happy.

HB9SKA cool, yes, there are some interpretations, such as the origin of "HAM".

Here 73 means hugs, believe it or not.

So 73s + 88s for all pretty YLs!

and 36.5 to all ugly OMs out there :D

Hi, can someone indicate the countries in Europe (/dxcc entities) are allowed to tx on 2.4GHz, consequently get on QO-100 Sat?

If same information is available for other Continents would be great too.

Tks

Ed

PY2RN

Regarding the audio bandwidth the police should put back their legacy analog receivers and forget SDR, so they would not be psychologically affected and be so rude with others.

Regarding the 73s, I believe this comes from the Masonry culture of the 73 x 3 or triple fraternal 73 as they say.

Well. I got a clear response through AD Support Community about this issue.

>>>

Hi Ed,

You can find the list of WiFi adapters compiled in the Pluto kernel here: https://github.com/analogdevic…figs/zynq_pluto_defconfig

As you can see driver for Realtek 8188EU is included but for Realtek 8812BU and Realtek 8811CU there are no drivers in 4.19 kernel version used by Pluto. I think that even in latest version of kernel there is no support in mainline for those chipsets.

So the only solution is to compile on your own, using one of the git repos, the driver required for the 5Ghz chipsets.

Or find on the pluto defconfig a chipset that is already supported and use that.

Regards,

Bogdan

<<<

The good news is that Evariste F5OEO is aware and will try to implement Realtek 8812BU in his next fw release for Pluto :)

Hi plutonians,

about connecting Adalm Pluto wi-fi...... Despite the information below:

https://wiki.analog.com/univer…otg_host_function_support

The tests I made with Realtek chipsets results:

Realtek 8811CU dual 2.4/5GHz NO

Realtek 8812BU dual 2.4/5GHz NO

Realtek 8188FTV 2.4GHz only NO

Realtek 8188EU 2.4GHz only OK

Only last one worked (550K max bw). Does anyone tested with another chipset, I am particular interested on a dual band wi-fi since 5GHz

allows much higher bandwidth.

73. Ed. PY2RN.

Hi G0MJW thanks, yes the audio is a chapter apart that I am still working on, force H.265 compliant box is checked otherwise my image appears grey distorted, regarding the overriding issue I erased the h265 box ip addr so it is going through multicast mainstream udp, I noticed the throughput got worse.

Thanks

Hi, trying to implement "poor man H.265 encoding solution" using these H.265 Encoder Box available from AliExpress.

Using Pluto with latest alpha 2908 firmware version from F5OEO, even following the good guide by F5UII the images are going out OK but still struggling to get the audio out. Some points intrigues me:

1.As soon as Pluto boots up it overrides the previous configuration saved in the H.265 encoder box to this shown in picture A, so I need manually to change the config back as shown in picture B. Is there any way to avoid it?

2. Also when Pluto boots up it already starts with PTT ON, is it possible to change this condition on start?

3. Using the UDP option as described in F5OEO documentation page (picture C) it would be an option to the HDMI connection or it is necessary to be configured anyways? My H.265 box here would not accept Sub-Stream set, only main-stream when Pluto is connected (picture D) or we must change something in the H.264/H.265 Control menu? (Figure E)

Thanks and sorry for excess of pictures, next time better I make a movie! :)

DD0KP Heiner, deleting the callsign did not solve but it helped someway to monitor the problem between the variations it shows: blank, py2rn, unassigned and nocall.

In my case loading the original v0.31 pluto.frm AND boot.frm then f5oeo beta for the brave solved the issue and Pluto TX is normal now.

Thanks

Ed PY2RN

Hi all, I am running F5OEO beta firmware+OBS with no problems, but when I load the F5OEO Beta for the Brave version my Pluto will not TX, I can see OBS is streaming via rtmp OK to Pluto but no TX, anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks

Ed PY2RN

I started my activity on QO-100 in Feb/2019 with great enthusiasm, I am on satellite operation/experiments since 80's with the Radio Sputink series and a first GEO for Amateur Radio certainly is a huge deflection point, but since several months I am losing interest to be active on the NB SSB, mostly no longer answer CQs and also do not make CQs as used to, the fact is that there is an increasing number of "police" operators that feels in the right to intrude in the middle of a conversation and start talking at the same time, then when you give him the opportunity to talk they come to complain about something: audio, signal level, splatter etc. I always ask the callsign, usually they do not give it but others do, anyway, this is very impolite to start talking and cause interruption on the same frequency when a qso had been already in progress unless it is an emergency, the complains are usually pointless since it was not causing LEILA trigger or affecting adjacent QSOs, with this SDR waterfall fever many does not know how to adjust it correctly and see / amplify things that actually does not exist and wouldn't be noticeable in a normal analog rig, but even though some "police" operators get not satisfied and start generating QRM over the QSO, blowing on the microphone, music, re-transmitting other stations, triggering LEILA on purpose etc. Just as a remembering : not everyone has the opportunity to buy an IC-9700, a super precise SDR or an expensive transverter, even if they do it will need to learn and adjust them first, also others use 100% home brew equipment that may be not as precise as the IC-9700 TX DSP to generate a perfect square in your waterfall, so be civilized, ask to enter in a frequency politely, or wait to the qso to finish and call the other station in a civilized manner or even send an email to avoid pointless discussions on the transponder, I have heard this happening to several stations / QSOs on the transponder (ssb portion) in may occasions, this type of aggressive approach will not contribute to save the transponder in any way.

Ed PY2RN

GG66LW

Hi Ed,

Portsdown is a hardware system for DATV: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Portsdown_2020. I am using the 2019 version, but with vMix. I have tried OBS and Pluto, but without success so far. rtmp and udp don't work here. I am also interested to see the right settings and the proper script for H265. If you are using Pluto, I think you don't need any Portsdown hard- or software, just the right OBS settings. Maybe someone could point us to the right information.

regards

Gerhard OE3GBB

Hi Robert,

I have an i7/16GB Windows10 . My display cards are AMD Radeon HD 6450 (I have two in the PC)

Thank you

Ed PY2RN

Hello, working to get everything ready to transmit DVB-S2 DATV via QO-100 from GG66LW.

I noticed that Pluto with F5OEO firmware and OBS Studio is almost standard among the stations I watch on DATV, I tried to search several places on how to configure OBS Studio but either it was too basic or not clear. I just installed OBS Studio sftware here, I never used this software before for anything so I don't even know where to start configuring it. Along OBS studio I also installed VNC and FFMPEG ( well, ffmpeg is a difficulty apart, there is no installation, just throwing the files inside C:/FFMPEG ?? ) What about " Portsdown " is it needed? Is it a hardware or a software?

So if you please have any information to share or indicate I would appreciate.

PS: I am aware about this wiki: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Custom_DATV_Firmware_for_the_Pluto but it is not clear/too advanced to me.

Thank you.

Ed PY2RN

@dl9sad

Several people still do not use LoTW and many others do not include PROP_MODE and BAND set correctly. But it is getting little better since one year ago :)

<call:5>df3qe <qso_date:8>20200206 <time_on:4>1504 <sat_name:6>QO-100 <band:4>13cm <mode:2>CW OPTIONAL
    <gridsquare:0>
    <PROP_MODE:3>SAT OPTIONAL
    <RST_Sent:3>599
    OPTIONAL
    <qslmsg:43>tks fb qso via qo-100 sat. Pls cfm via lotw

73 de ED PY2RN