Posts by DL1JM

Hello,

I am already working on a software-patch for the sf8008 to extend the frequency-range.

All the secret ist in the file "hi-dvb.ko" and its RDA5815-relevant sub-part.

I was successful in disassembling the binary (kernel-module)-code, which is quite identical

to the SiLabs-source for RDA5815M, which can be found (SiLabs-superset) on github.

After removing some restrictions, I am able to tune the IF @ 885...2360 MHz. That is not

enough, because the RDA-tuner has 2 oszillators and for reaching lower frequencies,

some programmable deviders and registers of the chip need to be changed.

Unfortunately only an electrical datasheet ca be found in the internet and I need a

programmers document to continue my modifications (has someone more informations?).

It is true, that the tuner is able to receive IF-signals from 250MHz to 2300MHz and above.

With successful modification, the Octagon should receive QO-100-WB together with normal

unmodified (9750MHz) LNBs.

Another aspect could be a software-modification of the afc-behavior, to remain on frequency,

even if strong signals are on neighbor-channels.

Anyhow, would be nice, if another OM has more knowlege than me in programming the ARM-

processor of the SF8008...

vy73s

Manfred, DL1JM

@Baris: I had sent you some email, but no response!?